Pass XA25?

From reading entire theme:
1. front end is common source, not output
2. from picture it is obvious that output is common drain
And a little of ideas for biasing

Anyway I think Papa is looking at this theme and laughing on how creative we are :D :D

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 587
From reading entire theme:
1. front end is common source, not output
2. from picture it is obvious that output is common drain
And a little of ideas for biasing
--------------------------------------------
Thank you for your post.

I am sorry, but your circuit proposition and comments do not make any sense, specially in reference to the XA circuit description (XA manual).

Have you simulated it? What is the basis of your idea?

Last edited:
Why do you ask me did I simulate if you think this does not make any sense? :D

No I didn't simulate this, not having intentions on building this amp, nor its iteration, just curiosity on used topology is driving me thinking of it :)

Don't think you did get wrong the image with output FETs - it must be common drain.
And, you posted this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 533
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
https://youtu.be/PpZMqCiD_Nw

however ... blurred part is still blurred :rofl:

regarding original topology - not so hard to decipher for Papaland residents

though , as always with Papamps , Natura in minimis maxima ........

there is tricky part , instead of TL431** ......

**I know there are few FABs brave enough to sit on nitro , but I'm not so brave ...

Attachments

• teaser-pcb-cryst.jpg
    teaser-pcb-cryst.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 565
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
as I said in beast thread ..... I had few (pretty damn precious :bawling: ) breadcrumbs** , tossed by Papa , without these my cogs couldn't start spinning , stuck in front of myriad options

**as always he's succeeding in confusing me even more ,deliberately tp question replying with question or , in best case , simple one - liner

result is that I'm understanding exactly what he said ..... years after :rofl:

anyway - conclusion - even if I have "just" Babelfish of original circuit (it must be different ... enough) , I can't share what I have without giving up those breadcrumbs . They simply aren't mine to share.

and , yes , amplifier is DC coupled ,it has no DC servos or frequency compensation ......

( do you really believe in just everything written on net ? )

Attachments

• smesna.gif
    smesna.gif
    16 KB · Views: 644
Last edited:
as I said in beast thread ..... I had few (pretty damn precious :bawling: ) breadcrumbs** , tossed by Papa , without these my cogs couldn't start spinning , stuck in front of myriad options
and , yes , amplifier is DC coupled ,it has no DC servos or frequency compensation ......

ZM: Could you explain what you consider to be or not be a DC servo? A broad definition might include any feedback mechanism that senses a signal such as bias current of voltage offset to adjust those currents of voltages. A stricter definition might narrow the class of circuits to ones using opamps. And what about thermistors? The broadest definition might also include them.

Last edited:
ZM: ...yes , amplifier is DC coupled ,it has no DC servos or frequency compensation ......
....A stricter definition might narrow the class of circuits to ones using opamps. And what about thermistors? The broadest definition might also include them

An interesting point...
Pass XA-25 feedback network probably consists of two resistors, setting the Closed Loop Gain of the whole amplifier - starting at DC.

So you might say that it certainly contains a "DC servo".
One that has equal "gain" to the rest of the frequency spectrum.

In the case of XA-25, with the gain devices used and their arrangement in the final circuit, I believe
there has to be a reactive component in the feedback network (usually a fairly small cap).

Using capacitors in the feedback network is nothing unique, but I respect your allergy to questions about Pass commercial products.
Maybe Mr Pass or Mr Colburn can help us.

Last edited:
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
ZM: Could you explain what you consider to be or not be a DC servo? A broad definition might include any feedback mechanism that senses a signal such as bias current of voltage offset to adjust those currents of voltages. A stricter definition might narrow the class of circuits to ones using opamps. And what about thermistors? The broadest definition might also include them.

of course it's having DC servo , intrinsic one , or circuit will go berserk

agree with you about terminology , let's say that DC Servos are any sort of OP amplifier used as output DC offset correcting circuit , while no having influence on gain stage linear operation

these OP amps being either chip , or as simple as diff pair

I would say that NTCs can be sorted as simple current/voltage correcting devices , thus not falling in circuit category , so can't be Servos