Parts in Mumbai (India)

Indian businessmen want to survive only on bluffing and nobody reads what is written in the book and everybody is inherently knowledgeable.

Yes, it is a costly hobby only because our development has been zero in this field, and we have to pay according to the western living costs.
Only for the craze of this hobby, I bought two speakers that cost me as much as a good two wheeler.

We cannot even buy a driver with T/S parameters specified, made locally.

Chalta Hai

Gajanan Phadte

Gajanan Phadte

Very much agree, But tell me how many really want to buy costly things, which are born out of proper R& D and design that is supported by proper mathematics.

It was during 2000 I was designing electronic ballast for a biggest brand in luminar. My boss ( one of the two partners) who was IIT assigned a same task to me and my colleague only difference was he was to design for 40W florocent tube and I was to design for 38W florocent tube.

I used pen and paper calculating every small thing, watt loss, very specific with components, their MTBF (reliablity calculations) EMI, in a weeks time while I was still doing this on paper my colleague had already shown boss the lighted florocent tube. no wonder it was designed on trial and error with a powerfactor of 0.45 he was still appreciated.

And I was asked to learn fast design from him :).

Later he took over 4and half month to comply EMI PF and Wattloss.

And I was done in 2 months with my first prototype. and with minor changes a week more. May be my boss did not see me sitting with hardware for nights together.thought I didnot design well. although it comply all the necessary certifications.

Later only my product was launched in market , because I told them that this design an support both 38W(slim tube) and regular 40W tube.

All I wanted to say is this is a typical scenario in India.

Secondly Indian regulatory are no good. We cant blame china for getting lower quality products. its we people who want to buy it.

I got some toys from USA. all were china made. but the regulatory authority is so good. that even Chinese had to comply it to sell their products in USA.

More over the regulatory took care that the toy would cause no harm to the baby of hurting him physically or any toxicity.

Can we ever see good change in India ?

Who can understand this better than me. I have never got any appreciation from my seniors as I solve the problems within very short time. I am service tech attending to high tech lab and oceanographic instruments. My colleagues who take a lot of time repairing simple problems are highly appreciated.

I know what u mean by our regulators.
I bought a stuffed dog (could not afford more)in London for its look and the quality of manufacture, even after not having any children.

U can understand my frustration by reading the link in post #224.

Gajanan Phadte

Edit: If we make quality, the whole world will buy it. My colleague was shown a precision measuring tool manufactured in India in an US workshop.

Last edited:
We are in this stage even now because the cream of our society leaves India. If you see the
records of IITs, ISIs and IIMs and other big producers of fine brains, none of the passed outs
live in India. I understand why...India is an extremely complicated country,...the main reason
is the varieties in culture, languages, habbits...there are so many different kinds of people
live under its border..mind boggling...it is very difficult for any government to rule properly...

This thread is for parts in India...sorry for taking it to different direction..

Does anyone know where can I find good quality speaker grill (not cloth).

Roushon.

Grill? you mean like that one goes with car speaker? can you find any pic on net. it would be easy for us to understand.

This is to cover only the drivers in my open baffle. It is just a round shape
thing with a metal ring and a net (metal also). I need it for 15inches and
4inches drivers.

Roushon

Attachments

• speaker-grill.jpg
    speaker-grill.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 96
We are in this stage even now because the cream of our society leaves India. If you see the
records of IITs, ISIs and IIMs and other big producers of fine brains, none of the passed outs
live in India. I understand why...India is an extremely complicated country,...the main reason
is the varieties in culture, languages, habbits...there are so many different kinds of people
live under its border..mind boggling...it is very difficult for any government to rule properly...

This thread is for parts in India...sorry for taking it to different direction..

Does anyone know where can I find good quality speaker grill (not cloth).

Roushon.

For the grill, go to an hardware store. Nowadays good non corrosive metal grills are available.

Many years back, over two decades to be precise, I made a grill from a welded mesh which had squares of about half an inch. Then I folded their edges for about 2 inches and inserted it in front of the front baffle. The 4 side baffles were outside by nearly one inches. For this, u will have to cut the corner of the mesh, and make it like a tray. The tray was secured with two screws pushing on the mesh, from the top and bottom baffle.

This is just what i did. If u like to use the mesh, improvise to your need.

Coming to the development, our corporate giants only saw that they made a lot of wealth and never spend on R&D.

In India, the main aim is always forgotten.

Gajanan Phadte

Last edited:
I was thinking of diy the grill as well...no time now...afraid
one of these days the maid will poke the driver by the
broom....found some on the net but have to import
which I do not want....will see local car spares shop...

Thanks
Roushon.

15" is hard to find even with car audio shoppes.

Its hard to find the speaker fittings here.

anyways told my local shopkeeper to find the one that suits ur need. let me see if he can reply with model, and make.

..............If you see the
live in India......................
Roushon.

I'd like to point out some misconceptions here.
1. A majority of clever Indians have not left India. They are here and just under utilised and not given enough opportunities.
2. In some areas ( like IT ) most are still here with opportunities available to grow.
3. Not all students from premier institutions are abroad. Depends on which years they passed out. Some years many have stayed back. The trend of staying back in this country is increasing now.
4. There are a huge number of VERY clever students from many other colleges . Many are doing very well here but not spoken about much.
5. Only a fraction of students who apply to premier institutions get admission. The majority who don't get in are practically AS SMART as the ones who get it ( sometimes even smarter !). They stay back here but no one wants them ! :confused:
Now they are not getting into Indian universities and are going abroad to study on their own. No one acknowledges their 'brains' or this brain drain!

All this worry about 'brain drain' is all crap. Make use of the immense brains we have left here !:)
Just clean up the education system and make it just merit oriented with sensible down to earth fees.

Yes I should have mentioned that now the situation is better. But my experience
for the last 10 to 12 years selecting students from passed outs of IITs and ISIs
we get only those students who did not get or could not go abroad for some
family reason, believe me. Pathetic! It is also very much true that the stayed
back are not utilized up to their potential.

It is impossible to justify the situation in few sentences.

Regards
Roushon

Last edited:
Sorry old chap. This isn't also exactly true. Some who stayed back did so for other reasons also like they wanted to do other things too ! So don't imagine that all those who stayed back , couldn't get the opportunity to leave the country due to reasons holding them back . They just wanted to do things here ! ;) Yes and they faced flak from ' friends and family etc. ' for NOT going abroad ! :confused:

dear sir,
please help me,
i have heard that there is a chemical to spray/coated on copper clad board before press n peel by this method the image is easily transfer very thin break less lines.thanks masood

Dear Masood,
I do not know this press n peel method. You can ask
the shop from where you purchased the material. I remember using similar
thing but for english letter transfer to write something on project box
or whatever. But this is different. Just cleaning dry the surface was enough.

May be Visha Electronics in Mumbai can help. They have online shop:

http://www.vishaworld.com/

Best wishes
Roushon

Dear Masood,
I do not know this press n peel method. You can ask
the shop from where you purchased the material. I remember using similar
thing but for english letter transfer to write something on project box
or whatever. But this is different. Just cleaning dry the surface was enough.

May be Visha Electronics in Mumbai can help. They have online shop:

Online Shopping in Mumbai

Best wishes
Roushon
dear sir,
well, thank you big picture i mean image destroy when peeling the paper please give me detail.i have read some where about stample paper,glossy paper from where i can get in india. one another question is that
in uv exposing method please give the chemical name and address from where i can get easily than u.yours masood