• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Parts GB for X-BOSOZ (KARI's Boards)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With the exception of David S. and myself, all kits have now been shipped. I am just waiting for the last few payments for shipping to come in.

Yeah... Glad that's over.... :xeye:

I have to order a few replacement parts for David and I before we can build our Preamps.

I do have a selection of replacement parts if there are any damages reported.

Now I can move on to liquidating some of my projects that have gone stale sitting on the bench.

Regards

Anthony

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Got the 4 Northern California kits! I am coordinating pick up for the 3 that go to others.

I opened mine, and they are really well packed: the transformers were ziptied to the bottom of the box (except one had come loose!- those postal guys are brutal! Parts in two anti static bags I'm no parts expert, but the transformers are really serious looking, the resistors are Dale, Mills , etc. good stuff!!!

I don't have any power supply diodes (D1-8) Were these not part of the kit to allow individual choice? I haven't seen anyone else comment on this.

Thank you Anthony, I am stunned how many parts make up this "simple" circuit. Ordering them would have been a pain- and obviously a lot more expensive than this buy.

Oh, do you spread the tubular pins on the heatsinks after they are inserted, to keep them in place?

Mark

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Wait! I guess I use those eeeensie little diodes instead of the the big two legged variety, right? I guess the boards gave us a choice, you use the little ones OR the big ones ???? If you had the big ones that is........

:dead:

Wait , I DO have some...
I've got some ON semiconductor MUR 860 diodes- would they be considered an upgrade over whats in the kit o parts?

Variac said:
Wait! I guess I use those eeeensie little diodes instead of the the big two legged variety, right? I guess the boards gave us a choice, you use the little ones OR the big ones ???? If you had the big ones that is........

:dead:

Wait , I DO have some...
I've got some ON semiconductor MUR 860 diodes- would they be considered an upgrade over whats in the kit o parts?

Hello Mark, the diodes supplied are Fast recovery Diodes in a standard form factor. They were chosen as the holes are two small for much of anything else that I tried.

Yes the Heatsink Pins should be Soldered in.

Glad you like the parts assortment.

Yes I have had another complaint about the brutality of the Post Office, can you imagine hitting a package so hard it breaks tie wraps rated at 100's of pounds tensil strength.

If there are any damages I have some spares.

As difficult as it was for this last group buy, I still enjoyed pulling it together for the group.

I have been taken on full time where I was working on a Contract for several months. I am still moving in the near future and need to liquidate some goods to cover some out of pocket expenses. I will post something in the Trading Post.

Regards

Anthony

Good news and bad news.

Good news is my parts arrived, the bad is that 2 of the 1000uF 100V caps have received the 'kick of death' by the postal service :mad:

Does anyone have any spares? I will pay of course.

I could get some similar ones from RS but I would have to buy 5 at approx £2 each and pay £5 postage as well :bawling:

Appart from that the kit looks good.

Oh yeah the zip ties in my package were broken too.

Thanks Coulomb for all the hard work.
Mark:)

Kram said:
Good news and bad news.

Good news is my parts arrived, the bad is that 2 of the 1000uF 100V caps have received the 'kick of death' by the postal service :mad:

Does anyone have any spares? I will pay of course.

I could get some similar ones from RS but I would have to buy 5 at approx £2 each and pay £5 postage as well :bawling:

Appart from that the kit looks good.

Oh yeah the zip ties in my package were broken too.

Thanks Coulomb for all the hard work.
Mark:)

Hi Kram, I do (2 of 1000uF/100V) willing to send them to you for postage only if you can't find them in your neck of the woods. My box had the kick of death as well and Anthony got me some replacements. Here is a pic of mine that got nailed as well, I took the blue plastic off.
Stan

Attachments

• cap.jpg
    cap.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 154
sklimek said:

Hi Kram, I do (2 of 1000uF/100V) willing to send them to you for postage only if you can't find them in your neck of the woods. My box had the kick of death as well and Anthony got me some replacements. Here is a pic of mine that got nailed as well, I took the blue plastic off.
Stan

Did you get your new shipment already Stan??

Are you going to send Kram 2 caps?

Regards

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.