• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phonostage pre-regboard, psu group buy v2

Peter is working on pricing, most of the vendors have replied, no nasty surprises so far. Lead time on Hammond chokes is 3 weeks from Canada which is always a hold up.

I'll update when we have full pricing. Please remember that pricing depends on your P&P and please don't forget to include the Paypal fees to Peter in your final price. It's only a few % but it adds up on 30 orders.

I ordered spares.

Here's Peters pricing email.

▼ Hide quoted text
On Jan 22, 2016 11:12 AM, pitfisch <pitfi.de> wrote:

Hello Simon,
after calculating the whole thingie;
we will see a minor increase in terms of prices.

Here we go:
One set (Stereo) Boards will be available for 44,- € plus 5,- € package and handling.
Shipping depends on where you are.

The Nasty part will be the parts....
What you will get is this:
4pcs. Hammond Coils 158T 1Hy
8pcs. Elcap Epcos 10.000µF/50V
16pcs. Silicon-carbide Rectifier CSD01060
4pcs. Talema CAF-0,6-100
4pcs. of those nice golden Vishay/Dale RH5 10R/12W resistors
4pcs. Vitrohm MOX 10k/1W
12pcs. MKP1837 100nF (NOS!)
4pcs. MKS4 1µF
2pcs. Fuseholder with cover and 2x200mA/T Fuses.
22pcs. Wago 236 binding posts with endplates
plus all the screws, washers etc. needed for theVishay Resistors.
This all will add up to 140,- € plus 5,- € for p&h a Stereo-Set.
Shipping depends on where you hide....

According to the size of those Boards i've build up a "double-Whopper"
this allows to fit this all in 300x250mm and ~100mm high.
Pictures will follow.
To do so you will need 12pcs. 40mm risers plus 12pcs. 10mm of those
Steel-risers.
If you want to do so, please add 5,- € . And mention it with your request.

As soon the money comes in i will order everything.
If ou are able to tell me where to send i can calculate the DHL cost for
each receiver.

cheers
peter

That's not bad at all, the boards are super build quality and I've never bought the Hammond's for less than ninety pounds, so the pricing is great. I will total up your costs and add them to the spreadsheet. Please add your country and postcode into the spreadsheet so Peter can work out your postage costs. I'll contact you individually with Peters payment details. Please note 21 day order time on the Hammond chokes.

Mrdog, I'll have him send yours with mine, save on postage.

Hi Simon,

that's phantastic news as I see it, based on the prize expectation beforehand
quite a substancial amount less than I calculated with initially.

I encuraged a friend of mine to go for a Kit, too & would add myself one kit more
now if that is still possible.

So in total I would go for

4 Kits & 4 single PCBs

now please.
I hope that's ok & please do me the favour of changing the googledoc accordingly,
still cannot write or edit it..

Cheers to Peter & big thanks again ...those prices are great imo.

There's alwasy one.... ;-)

:) ... hopefully I added it ok? Was going it via my phone at the time..

So how does the next bit go? I've not been involved in a GB before. You'll post up payment details, what personal data to include in a message etc?

EDIT: I see it actually says what happens next on the spreadsheet.. Have added further details.

Last edited:
Gentlemen,
Looking at the numbers of PCB's vs Stereo Parts Kits ordered I think they're might be some confusion.

PCB= single pcb. You need two to build a Paradise PSU.

Stereo Parts Kits contains the parts to put on the PCBs, it does not contain the PCB's themselves.

Example: If you order a Stereo Parts Kit, you should also order 2x PCBs to have a complete set.

Can you please check your order numbers. I have adjusted them to make sure than anyone ordering a Stereo Parts Kits also gets the PCBs they need to build them.

If you already have PCB's please let me know and I'll make a suitable correction.

Last edited:
Hi Simon,

thanks for putting it up.

I have no google account and can thus only read, not write into the document.

Can you put me in for 3 kits & 3 PCBs, please ?

Torsten, the kits include the PCBs, are you sure you want 9 pcb's in total?

oh, sorry..I thought 1 kit was 1 pcb with parts..
So a kit means 1 set complete for a Paradise build, =2 PCBs with parts ?

In this case, 2 Kits & 4 PCBs, please.

(8 PCBs of which 4 with parts)

Thanks for the heads up Simon & sorry for the confusion !

The above from previously in the thread causes a bit of confusion.. So to be sure, the kits do NOT now contain PCBs?

Thanks though for changing the spreadsheet to reflect how the numbers are being handled. Anyone with unusual orders might want to double check, for example if they have boards left over from previous GBs they intend on using with the kit.