• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phonostage pre-regboard, psu group buy v2

I finished my Quasimodo (snubber tool) today and plugged it into the traffo choke board on the new Paradise psu. It's basically a 50hz square wave generator that you use to ring the transformer and then dial in the correct values for a C-RC snubber network to critically damp the ringing.

So depending on which diodes you're using, you'll benefit differently from applying this snubber. The values are 10n, 82r +15n (C-RC) and you solder then directly to the last two pins on the common mode chokes, one set on each common mode choke.

I only have pics showing the damping, no suitable resistors in my box to fit to the parts, I'll add those when they arrive this week.

30067134050_242b2e396c_b.jpg

No worries, it damps very well, totally flat after 1 ½ cycles.

Hi Simon,
Do you still have any of these Traffo PCBs for sale?

I'm having a crack at a Paradise after having taken over another member's partial completed Amp PCBs in December. Since then I hope I have read all the relevant threads.

I am talking to member Algar emi about Calvin buffer PCBs, but he also has two PCB, one a Pre-regulator to be used with another cap filter PCB to go into the amp case, with many smaller caps. I did not see this approach in the two group buys or the Builders thread. Do you recollect it? Alga emi is sparse with his
replies.

I have a couple of Hackercap PCBs which I hope to use with your PCBs or similar. I'd be happy to reimburse you for gerbers etc if no physical PCBs.

Many thanks
David Rostron
Melbourne, Australia