• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phonostage pre-regboard, psu group buy v2

28831201262_a8fe44e4de_b.jpg

Keith, 20ohm resistors go in the first holes between cap 1 and 2, hammonds go in second holes between caps 2 and 3 on the hacker boards.

The image below shows the actual wiring.

29265258721_8eb1b7ca0c_b.jpg

I've only built one that was quieter without the 4th, grey, wire fitted, it depends on your system earthing. Here's the wiring for the actual Paradise boards, showing where the 4th wire goes.

16720753844_fcd2374a43_b.jpg

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I will post a pic tomorrow.

Some voltage readings; Mains 234V; secs. 24.9V; rectified volts +- 31vdc.
The resistors are dropping 2.2v and the chokes 6v.

All leds on the Paradise pcb's light up and I have +- 18.2vdc out of the regulators and the voltage across the Calvin buffer is zeroable.

Sounds ok.your mains is low though.

Trouble is the shunt won't be shunting with any authority, unless its seeing 24v, its just passing voltage. All the leds still light up regardless of whether the shunt is shunting and it has no effect on dc on output. If its not working you'll hear it as a vagueness in dynamic climaxs, the paradise should be really dynamic, remarkably so in fact.

Measure the voltage at the psu input point on your main boards, if its over 24.5v you're good if its under 24v remove the resistors from the psu. Anything up to 26.5v is fine at the input to the main boards.

Also trim the shunt output to 18v, the opamp will thank you for it. Let it run for ten minutes then do it.