• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

To bad that the cartridge has magnetic components :)

Sure,
This is the signal generator (the source), and should be the only single source for signal.

Not many parasitics generators all over the place... (-:

It may have a benign effect on sound due to the non feedback design of this circuit?? I don`t really know,

Please, correct me if i`m wrong .

Last edited:
Sure,
This is the signal generator (the source), and should be the only single source for signal.

Not many parasitics generators all over the place... (-:

It may have a benign effect on sound due to the non feedback design of this circuit?? I don`t really know,

Please, correct me if i`m wrong .

I was being a bit sarcastic :) in my opinion; a pair of 'magnetic' (actually magnetizable) legs on the transistors does not have any affect (other than that the legs may be attracted to each other, and the question being, is that third leg like a third wheel on the wagon?). http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=third wheel

Even if there was an effect (witch there is not TMO) then the effect will be swamped by the effect that other parts have, like precision, construction, soldering, PCB, case, PSU, shielding and parts-internals (like materials and precision etc).

Consider yourself corrected :) (being a bit naughty ;))

P.s.

This is the signal generator (the source)...

Yes I know that.

Last edited:
A lot of great sounding tube amps have magnetic steel chassis.

OK..
Steel chassis is one thing..

But what about steel conductors in signal path??

I always felt that using non magnetic conductors in signal and power path in audio amplification leads to a cleaner and more transparent sound,and that includes resistors capacitors and obviously transistors.

I haven`t built it at this point, i`m thinking about it, maybe this winter..

But don`t you think there`s some merit in trying to avoid magnetic parts in this circuit ?? (if possible) ??

Last edited:
OK..
Steel chassis is one thing..

But what about steel conductors in signal path??

I always felt that using non magnetic conductors in signal and power path in audio amplification leads to a cleaner and more transparent sound,and that includes resistors capacitors and obviously transistors.

I haven`t built it at this point, i`m thinking about it, maybe this winter..

But wouldn`t you think there`s some merit in trying to avoid magnetic parts in this circuit ?? (if possible) ??

I do not know why you answer Joachim's message and not mine. But to answer this message, yes you can (and should) do what ever you think is the best, even using all non-magnetic materials. BUT! and that is a BIG BUT, your attention should mostly go to other 'qualities' of the build, that will be way more effective.

The thing here is, I do not want to put people at a 'wild goose chase' hunting down these non-magnetic components when other properties of the build are (way) more important. wild-goose chase - Wiktionary

To create an measurable effect from magnetic induction, using the legs of there transistors, you have to do more then surround these legs by the magnetic fields as radiated by the Paradise RIAA in operation (IMO). Electromagnetic induction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards,
Frans.

And which would that be ?

Exactly! Precisely my observation :)

But there are currents with AC component's (the signal) running through the PCB's conductors, and they will radiate some EMF. This EMF could induce some current ...

Or the earth spinning may induce some current ...

Or the transport of the ATL persons ...

Any way, they say, to be able to measure they have to get the device at home, so they will be back in about 25.247 years. If you are still here you may know the answer :) (I bet it is 42 :))

The thing here is, I do not want to put people at a 'wild goose chase' hunting down these non-magnetic components when other properties of the build are (way) more important. wild-goose chase - Wiktionary

Regards,
Frans.

Hi Frans.

Thank you for your kind reply..

wild-goose chase, I know what it is..

Please let me know what do you mean by "other properties of the build are (way) more important"

There is always the possibilty that i`m being distracted by other details.

I don't know of any mil.spec. components which have other than steel legs.

Quite a few Paradise have been built and many of these using the components included in the original group-buy kit. With one exception everyone was happy with the results. As has been said, time spent accurately matching components in channels will pay far better sound than will swapping out boutique components.

(The one exception mentioned above was a guy who insisted on not only on changing to exotic caps but in getting the factory to roll some to his precise requirements, this before his Paradise had been burned-in, seems to have lost interest in this thread (also, there has been very little traffic in his group-buy thread over the summer regarding results achieved with this 'made to order' part. I may be wrong, but it seems to me that the expensive caps were not the roaring success envisaged.)

The only guy i trust that tested this caps is Hesener.
He heard a difference, come on EVERYTHING makes a difference.
It was not night and day though.
What makes a huge difference in my system is the weather, time of day and also day in the week. I get the best sound at the end of summer on a dry but not too hot day on sunday afternoon. Its, true. What also makes a big difference who is in the room.
Some people are so loaded with stress that the sound gets worse and some can improve the sound by just entering the room.

The only guy i trust that tested this caps is Hesener.
He heard a difference, come on EVERYTHING makes a difference.
It was not night and day though.
What makes a huge difference in my system is the weather, time of day and also day in the week. I get the best sound at the end of summer on a dry but not too hot day on sunday afternoon. Its, true. What also makes a big difference who is in the room.
Some people are so loaded with stress that the sound gets worse and some can improve the sound by just entering the room.

Wholeheartedly agee. The Teflon caps did make a difference. But the power supply makes a bigger changes . It is the sum of all parts that leads to the Holygrail