• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Paradise phono stage

At a very rough guess there are around 20 people that have expressed interest at another GB, hopefully that is enough to get it off the ground :)

More than 42 surely

I still say that you will get a great deal more interest if you start a new thread specifically for the possibility of a new GB.:)

Yes please

I may even get a couple more although I am still running R2 and have a spare set of R3

Why not make supply and phono stage separate maybe with power devices on one edge of the PCB rather than middle like.

We now know that thermals can be controlled and offset suffer if not
+ The 26 no sorry 25 no sorry 26 no sorry 25.4371289 V input voltage can be totally forgotten if sink are outside the box

IMO hi input voltagge (I have tried about 28 V ) from pre regulators has more slamm if at all possible it may be just one subjective impression but...

Last edited:
:cheers: Tingie...:cheers:

Love that but be warned toffee noses lurking about and speaking like that give them right to open season.

So it is decided then as majority (Me and you) decided next paradise boards
Will have separate brake out power supply board with power devices on one edge so to allowed for larger and or external heat sinks

My congrats to the one tha had this brilliant Idea as most defo it wuld allowed for higher input voltage from rectifier boards and keep source of heat away from Phono stage that can then be mounted in smaller unventilated box and therefore reduce drift and settling time caused by it.

Yes ? :):nod:

:cheers: Tingie...:cheers:

Love that but be warned toffee noses lurking about and speaking like that give them right to open season.

So it is decided then as majority (Me and you) decided next paradise boards
Will have separate brake out power supply board with power devices on one edge so to allowed for larger and or external heat sinks

My congrats to the one tha had this brilliant Idea as most defo it wuld allowed for higher input voltage from rectifier boards and keep source of heat away from Phono stage that can then be mounted in smaller unventilated box and therefore reduce drift and settling time caused by it.

Yes ? :):nod:

If you can handle the heat, why not :) (I still want to say (for the more 'down to earth' people) that sims do not show much difference :) this is a 'high-end connoisseurs tasting' issue :)) (p.s. this is about using a larger input to output voltage differential on the PSU).

Without case and PSU you can get it maybe around 120-130EUR as cheapest alternative (depending on what the PCB cost in group buy). Although it all depends on what resistors/caps you choose. Myself i have probably bought parts (incl. main case case/pre-regulator in separate case, expensive v-caps and shinkoh resistors as loading) and have ended up around €600.