Paradise Builders

heatsink

hi guys,
the BOM says to use the Fischer SK482 75mm Heatsink (= 3.8K/W)

but wouldn't it be better to use the Fischer SK487 75mm Heatsink (= 2.8K/W)

its a bit longer, so it would go 15mm beyond the board, but yes.
it would fit any case easily i think. and its also not that high as the SK482.

Hi,

finally I finished my combined project:

Nigels speed controller an Paradise Phono Pre.

I put the speed controller and the preregulator for the paradise in one big box.
The phono pre is absolutely hum free (meanwhile)

Thanks for all your effort with construction and group buy!

@Alfred: Now the hearing session can take place!

Attachments

• Lenco.jpg
    Lenco.jpg
    674.3 KB · Views: 397
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Hi,

I put the speed controller and the preregulator for the paradise in one big box.

Now that's a huge rebuilt classic TT, a nice speed ctrl, pre, and wall mount combo. Congrats. Do you remember the make of the silicon suction clamp resting on the controller's top right? Or you got a link where I can get one? Should be light under 100g. Is that one around 75g?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
I placed mine a bit more towards the PSU, and have drilled holes through the PCB close to the two pots for each PSU rail. It'll be a bit longer wirings, but i like it to be mounted better. :)

Please make sure the holes you drill have no copper fibers between top and bottom layer, and I will also recommend to use a plastic screw. I did think of that, but finally I thought glueing is as stable (for a mechanical connection that will not be used many times anyway) and there is no risk of short-circuiting the supply voltages with the ground plane.....

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi,

very cool!!!!

Please make sure the holes you drill have no copper fibers between top and bottom layer, and I will also recommend to use a plastic screw. I did think of that, but finally I thought glueing is as stable (for a mechanical connection that will not be used many times anyway) and there is no risk of short-circuiting the supply voltages with the ground plane.....

I have used a larger drill to make shure neither of the layers go THAT close to the holes, and i will use the screw isolator (that you usually have for TO220 devices) so the bottom layer for shure doesn't touch the screws. And i will use nylon risers. I also have nylon screws, but i think isolating will be enough (so that i can use the metal ones will make it sit even better).

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi,

Splendid builds !!!

can you post a link to the Nigels speed controller ?

Hi,

Looks very nice, happy listening :)