Paradise Builders

Algar, great work.
shoom, the 2mV offset you get now is more or less the offset of the Opamp used as servo.
When you want even better you need to use something like an OPA627 that is specced down to 0.1mV.

Hi Joachim

2mv is very good by any standards so I feel no great urge to go further but as it happens I have a few 627 in my parts box so may give that a try.;)

But

I’m really pleased with the low level offset I now have.:)

all good so far:drink:

Installed the OPA627 and thermal coupling bracket on input gain transistors. I'll report on the result after stabilization ;)

Attachments

• Thermal_Coupling.jpg
    Thermal_Coupling.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 342
These resistors are IRC and yes they seems to be Welwyn so maybe Salas you're right. Here the spectrum of the output, using my CLIO system. Input 1Khz, adjusted for 0dBV at the output.

Offset is not lower than 10mv, usually around a few mv. There is really an improvement using the OPA627 for the servo. I removed the output coupling caps ;)

Attachments

• Paradise_1Khz_0dBV.JPG
    Paradise_1Khz_0dBV.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
These resistors are IRC and yes they seems to be Welwyn so maybe Salas you're right. Here the spectrum of the output, using my CLIO system. Input 1Khz, adjusted for 0dBV at the output.

Offset is not lower than 10mv, usually around a few mv. There is really an improvement using the OPA627 for the servo. I removed the output coupling caps ;)

Good resistors at 25ppm or 15ppm. Nothing is like Vishay VAR, but much less costly too.

The noise floor looks pumped up for a Paradise I think? Experts will tell.