oneplustwo F5 build thread

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Really? Will I be able to hear the difference? To be honest, I have no idea how good/bad 14mV is in the grand scheme of things and I feel like my speakers are already pretty good. Or at least, I'm not sure how much better my speakers will ever get!

Course you could hear difference especialy with ear glued to front o speakers
:D
Another customer with Papa bug......

Once started there is not stopping F5 is realy realy good now that you mastered the first one more will certanly folow.

Have you tried to play with P3?

Is not bad at all but now that you know that it is there....
yess you got it another RC or if you can LC is the way to go

IF you said it was 3.5 mV at the begining probably I would not have said a thing... sorry

Ha! The 3.5 mV is at the speaker posts with my IPhone plugged in (paused). Maybe I need to try it with my DAC and see what it is.

The bigger numbers were just before and just after the PSU PCB.

That said, is there an easy way to implement LC with where I'm currently at?

First, assume that it's improper grounding, not ripple. You have a 2 chassis design and a 'red' psu board... so there might be some weirdness.

First 2 things to check -

Does it hum with the input jacks open?
Does it hum with the jacks shorted?

Input jacks open I get 0.4 and 0.6 mV on the two sides. So at least better than before. Not yet <0.1 mV though. No hum.

How do I short the jacks? (when I tried shorting the ring to sleeve of my 3.5mm to RCA cable, I get bad hum.)

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
The Earth ground probably isn't it, but do try a couple of configurations, you will probably make it quieter.

Look at the signal grounding, start by removing one of the ground wires from the PSU board and attaching both ground wires to the same point on the psu (I.E., both signal grounds to one side.)

There was a guy who recently had a similar problem with the red board psu, I will try to dig it up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.