• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I did the 'filterectomy' this morning. Removed the inudctors, and the 2k's from the IV stage. I left the caps (10nf so about 80khz ).

It lets the whole sound breath a little more. No harshness is introduced, just a little more air and ambience. I can see why audionote ditched the filter.

My advice is for people to try filterless (it took me 3 mins), and for new builders to consider not having the filter.

I did the 'filterectomy' this morning. Removed the inudctors, and the 2k's from the IV stage. I left the caps (10nf so about 80khz ).

It lets the whole sound breath a little more. No harshness is introduced, just a little more air and ambience. I can see why audionote ditched the filter.

My advice is for people to try filterless (it took me 3 mins), and for new builders to consider not having the filter.

A jumper shorting the inductors?

Adam

Completely agree. The filter is out andwon't be going back.
I am also leaving the Welborne HV supply. Works really well.

*A. COST OF One SET *4PCB* :*

yes! i have somer PCb :
DAC, Salas shunt for DFAC, Iv stage
Thank

*A. COST OF One SET *4PCB* :*
1. PCB- DAC END use AD1865
2. PCB- Salas Shunt For DAC
3. PCB- I/V stage use tube E182CC or 5687
4. PCB- Supply for I/V
The price:
Board set (of 4):
Shipping from Vietnam: US$ 6 (surface mail)
Payment fee (PayPal) at 3.5%: US$
TOTAL: US$ 60
/*A donation of $2 USD to diyAudio will be done for Board set (of 4)*/
Please feel free to make your inquiries or request of information to my email address quanghao168@yahoo.com.vn <mailto:quanghao168@yahoo.com.vn>
Thank you.

have you a set?
how cost with expedition in ITALY? ( PAYPAL)

regads
gipione

*F-----------o*

*v-----------7*

*31100 TREVISO (TV)*

*ITALY*

Keep attention to the output capacitor value.

Cout (uF) Rload (ohm) Ft(-3dB)
1.00 10000 15.92
1.00 50000 3.18
10.00 10000 1.59
4.70 10000 3.39
0.47 50000 6.78

Hello Andrea,

What value of the output capacitor and Rload are you using? What's the minimum voltage of the output capacitor? Is 200V OK?

Regarding the jumper on the DAC board, is it correct to hard wire pin 1 & 3 and leave pin 2 untouched?

Thanks for your response in advance.

housing

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.