• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

OLD THREAD DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
CustomHT,

I don't have the regulator board, I have the HV shunt supply PCBs only.

Don't populate the 4 HV rectifiers and the 4 snubber capacitors on your board. Instead solder the center tap to a plate-thru' via connected to the -ve pole of C5 (100uF/450V) and the rectified HV to a plate-thru' via connected to the +ve pole of C5.

In such case, you can use the full 200mA capacity of the transformer.
ok, I will try this.. What exactly is ment "to a plate-thru' via"?
Do I simply soldier the leads to the -ve and +ve pole's of C5 as suggested?
Cheers

I read the Dac End 2 webpage, saw where he was experimenting with filters. If you are having trouble with no filter, one option is to increase the miller effect of the tube by adding a small cap from the grid to the plate, its capacitance is multiplied by mu and is a 2nd order low pass filter.

CustomHT,

I don't have the regulator board, I have the HV shunt supply PCBs only.

Don't populate the 4 HV rectifiers and the 4 snubber capacitors on your board. Instead solder the center tap to a plate-thru' via connected to the -ve pole of C5 (100uF/450V) and the rectified HV to a plate-thru' via connected to the +ve pole of C5.

In such case, you can use the full 200mA capacity of the transformer.

CustomHT,

Don't get confuse. What housing meant was you already rectified the ac voltage outside the board and the rectified voltage which is DC is connected directly to the + and - leads of the C5.

I think Apelizzo is using the same transformer as we are, so why not try just the green and orange wire?

Attachments

• DSC07065.JPG
    DSC07065.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
CustomHT,

Don't get confuse. What housing meant was you already rectified the ac voltage outside the board and the rectified voltage which is DC is connected directly to the + and - leads of the C5.

I think Apelizzo is using the same transformer as we are, so why not try just the green and orange wire?

Ok that makes sence. Basically the board is made so I could have just used mains voltage connected straight to the 200-250V connection, but since I am using the output from the trannie I bypass the rectifier section..

I will try connecting the green and orange wire to the + and - wire of C5. And post results..

Ok that makes sence. Basically the board is made so I could have just used mains voltage connected straight to the 200-250V connection, but since I am using the output from the trannie I bypass the rectifier section..

I will try connecting the green and orange wire to the + and - wire of C5. And post results..

:eek: Don't connect the green and orange wire directly to C5. It needs to go thru a diode first for rectification and then connect it to C5. If you do this, then wear a safety glass first before you turn on. :D

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I think I am over project'd right now and would like to sell my boards if someone is interested.
I have the 4 boards, plus the Analog 1865N-K chip from Mikel-Ann's GB. Additionally I have a few caps for the salas board to throw in.
I am looking for a decent offer on this. PM if interested.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.