• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Official GB for DSD DAC Signalyst DSCv2

BeagleBone Black with Botic driver from Miero is capable to supply up to DSD512 to DSC with MUTE and DSD_ON signals .

I've received today McFIFO+McDualXO and test it during week or two.

Is McFIFO+McDualXO compatible with BeagleBone Black? I thought it was supported only for Pi. I am still reading through the McFIFO/McDualXO thread so might have missed it :)

Hi Vit, I received my board this week - it looks fantastic, very high quality build - thanks very much!!

BeagleBone Black with Botic driver from Miero is capable to supply up to DSD512 to DSC with MUTE and DSD_ON signals .

I've received today McFIFO+McDualXO and test it during week or two.

Now I already use a DIYINHK USB converter, and since I use a Linux system upsampling to DSD512 I don't want to upgrade to Amanero board. The DIYINHK board also featured isolation so that is a good reason to keep it.

Isolated XMOS 768kHz DXD DSD512(DSD1024) high-quality USB to I2S/DSD PCB - DIYINHK

So 2 questions:

1. What do I need to supply (if anything) to DSD_ON pin on the DSC board?
2. Can I implement manual mute control with a switch? If so, is it just a matter of switching MUTE pin between open and short, or does it require 3.3V to enable mute?

Regards, Hazard

Last edited:
I've found a few Amanero cards on Amazon or Aliexpress, plus the official Amanero web site.

What are your recommendations?
I use an upgraded Аmanero with Crystek CCHD-957. Ebay link
With Upgraded Amanero, the sound is mach better than the official Amanero. When using external power (Li-Ion 3.7V), the sound is even better than powered by USB.

Vitaly(@Vit123) also uses Upgraded Amanero.
I have Advanced/Upgrated Amanero with Crystek CCHD-957. My opinion - it is noticeably mach better than the regular version. It has better clocks, 7 LDO (instead of one in standard Amanero) and the ability to power it from external power sullpy (not from USB 5V). I've not tested the last option (powering from external 5V).

Is McFIFO+McDualXO compatible with BeagleBone Black?

BBB logic level = McFIFO logic level (3.3V). McFIFO can work as slave (BBB select MCLK) and supply MCLK for 44,1K and 48K based frequencies to BBB.
McFIFO is multi-channel and MUTE and DSD_ON can be passed to DSC throught this additional channels.

IMHO, McFIFO+McDualXO can be used with any I2S source.

The only "problem" - iancanada doesn't have ready adapters for BBB and Amanero and McDualXO has only uFl connectors at outputs.

1. What do I need to supply (if anything) to DSD_ON pin on the DSC board?
2. Can I implement manual mute control with a switch? If so, is it just a matter of switching MUTE pin between open and short, or does it require 3.3V to enable mute?

Hi, Hazard.
1. Pinouts of DIYINHK board and DSC board are different, so you have to wire DSD_CLK, D1, D2, DSD_ON, 3,3V and GND manually.

Pinout DIYINHK board for DSD: LRCK= DSD D1(Left channel), DATA= DSD D2(right channel), BCK = DSD Clock.
Isolated DIYINHK USB interface works perfectly stable at DSD512, but, unfortunately, it has no MUTE signal. So you have huge pop at the begining of DSD playback. It's very annoying.
I do not know if it's possible to implement MUTE based on DSD_ON. I doubt it.
And yes, it's a simple switch. MUTE = High, DSC is muted; MUTE = Low - DSC is unmuted. But you need Mute HIGH a bit earlier then DSD_ON at DIYINHK board to avoid pops.
I think, the easiest way is ask DIYINHK to modify firmware.

And last note. If you have FIFO reclock board for Isolated USB interface, try it. Reclock board may a bit delay D1, D2 regarding DSD_ON. It may help.

Last edited:
What are you suggesting as either high-end PSU or Regulator for the DSC?

I know there are many options available but just want to know some feedback
Do
I'd highly recommend to start with pre-installed ADP7118. Pavel uses LC circuit in power supply each shift register. In this situation even high-end PSU can't get valuable boost in SQ.
I've tried LT3045 for example w/o audible difference.

I'd highly recommend to start with pre-installed ADP7118. Pavel uses LC circuit in power supply each shift register. In this situation even high-end PSU can't get valuable boost in SQ.
I've tried LT3045 for example w/o audible difference.

And you just feed it with an unregulated linear supply or better use a regulated one or small SMPS?

Do

And you just feed it with an unregulated linear supply or better use a regulated one or small SMPS?
I use diode bridge with CRC filter (4700uF, 11 Ohm, 4700uF) as input to internal LDO. Each channel is powered separately with Vrms ~ 6,5V and ripple ~ 2mV.

I see R65/R129 values in manual example ... so for my 10K ingress impedance amp, I should go to something like 15K Ohms 1%, is it correct ?

Yes. You can even not install R65/R129 at all. Your input impedance is quite close to optimum. No need to be very precise.
As I know, Pavel don't use R65/R129 with his 10K input impedance amp.

Last edited:
Why don't we try to ask him to productize a display and reclock board as a "natural" combination with DSC2.5 board ... :D

There are 50x DSC board around, maybe it's a decent number to convince him ...
gbkFVmR.png

OSH Park ~

I've made a few of these. Not a EE guy, and never used solid state relay before, but if it works it should work with all i2s singals running over u.fl.