• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ODAC offerings from Various Vendors

Do you want an ODAC back panel for the O2?

• yes for sure!

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • I want to use the ODAC as stand alone unit.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I'd rather wait for the ODA...

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If he is talking about the original ODAC I will have to get back to him later when I get some clarification.

:cop: OK, so from what I gather, the answer is, "This is a commercial product, not a group buy for a published or documented design." I will merge the threads and move to Vendors. Keep anything related to this product in the single thread.

No, does not have to be. The 9023 can be operated in synchronous or asynchronous MCLK modes.

Dave
I didn't say it does need to be. But the blog claims something else (that the digital receiver provides a new "clean" clock), and that claim is false.
Also, the asynchronous mode of the 9023 is similar with what a normal SRC does - look-up tables and approximations. In this kind of devices there is not enough comuting power to do that "transparently" via on-the-fly floating-point computation, that would provide the best quality. For that a real audio DSP is needed.
I think that the datasheet of 9023 shows the different performances in the two modes and I am sure that the difference will be audible (async worse).

The XO is used just to provide the starting point (free running frequency) for the PLL loop. The actual data clock is locked to the PC clock via the PLL loop. Obviously, any jitter gets transmitted further.
There is no buffer memory (with dual-port) that would allow the reclocking of the original data clock.

Sonic,

I think you may be mistaken on the USB mode that the 7022 operates in. I believe that asyncronous transfers do fill up a buffer on the target which is then isosyncronously transferred to the DAC, meaning the interface from this buffer to the DAC is a syncronous. The 7022 then lets the host know when it needs more data.

wow that edit didnt go well..

I presume the USB clock is needed onboard so it can act as slave sometimes too, while still acting as i2s master as in the case of async where the device controls the master audio clock

There is no buffer memory (with dual-port) that would allow the reclocking of the original data clock.

yeah not true in the case of the sabre dacs or any solution that has an asynchronous MCLK, but with UAC2 there is also the possibility of this happening with the usb->i2s stream without a dac in the picture
ahh just saw Dave's post, it seems a similar thing can happen here, but its not using a separate clock.

anyway since its a vendor thread now, we should probably leave them to it

Last edited:
ODAC groupbuy

I am planning a groupbuy on the ODAC module once it becomes available since the supplier is local to me

The pricing will depend on the # ordered and any options needed. The board comes assembled but no casing or front panel

Looking around the pricing starts at $99 USD / £60 plus shipping..

I am currently in talks to do a groupbuy on the case to run in standalone dac mode

Working on my new web site and and contemplating offering a retrofit service for existing objective2 amps

Let me know what your interest is and I will see what we can pull together to get some volume pricing

I will probably end up with 20 pcb + cases for my own business needs..

----

Objective2 kits:

$25 Kit only as per the BOM
- Upgraded to metal knob
- includes collets for solderless gain change
- black jacks, black buttons

$20 B1 case, I have most colors

$25 AC Adapter + batteries

$15 objective2 PCB

----

ODAC:

jtktam, canada, 20 pcb+case
bearberry, canada, 2 pcb
jacobthellamer, new zealand, 2 pcb
hochopeper, australia, 2 pcb
TheShaman, greece, 1 pcb
qqqqer, canada, 1 pcb
sorue, singapore, 2 pcb
micfre, canada, 1 pcb
fordgtlover, australia, 1 pcb+case
coolhead, malaysia, 1 pcb+case, 1 pcb
Mikett, canada, 1 pcb+case
ianrt, australia, 1 pcb+case

pcb = 36
case = 24

-joe

Sonic,
I think you may be mistaken on the USB mode that the 7022 operates in. I believe that asyncronous transfers do fill up a buffer on the target which is then isosyncronously transferred to the DAC, meaning the interface from this buffer to the DAC is a syncronous. The 7022 then lets the host know when it needs more data.

What target? There is no buffer memory in this configuration. I don't have the Sabre datasheet, but I guess there is no big RAM buffer inside, just an plain ASRC.
But agree with qusp, I will leave it to the vendor.

They have not dissapeared, they are merged into this thread a few hours ago and the one thread now includes the discussion thread and all ODAC GBs.

:cop: OK, so from what I gather, the answer is, "This is a commercial product, not a group buy for a published or documented design." I will merge the threads and move to Vendors. Keep anything related to this product in the single thread.

Also,

:cop: Since several threads promoting a commercial product have been opened, I have merged them into one thread and placed it in the proper forum. Keep any promotion, discussion, sales, or whatever for this product in this single thread.

Last edited:
ODAC pre-orders - Europe and Worldwide

ODAC pre- orders - Europe

Taken this part out of my other GB thread for better visibility:

originally Posted by swalter

Dear all,

I just got word from NwAvGuy's partner that the ODAC is gone in production. The estimated time of arival here is end of May.
I will take pre-orders from now on in this thread. Orders placed here are for the fully asembled ODAC board only, you will need to look for a case yourself for now. Once I have the board in hand I will get the measurements for back panels that will fit the O2 if desired, I will add a poll to this thread later on today to see if you folks are interrested.

For the pre-orders, please leave:

Your diyAudio name ; country ; quantity

And copy the list through adding your details to the bottom please. I will contact you all by PM at the begin of May for the details needed.

Price for the ODAC will be 99.90 CHF inc. Swiss VAT + shipping for Swiss buyers, for buyers outside of Switzerland cost will be 92.50 CHF + shipping.

5 CHF per ODAC will be donated to the forum to keep this great platform going.

shipping cost for letter post (estimated weight 100 gr):

uninsured and without tracking
economy priority
Switzerland: 1.85 CHF [2.10 CHF] 2.00 CHF [2.30 CHF]
Europe: 3.90 CHF [5.90 CHF] 4.70 CHF [8.00 CHF]
Rest of the World: 4.60 CHF [7.30 CHF] 6.00 CHF [10.50 CHF]

insured and with tracking (priority mail only)
Switzerland: 5.50 CHF [5.80 CHF]
Europe: 10.70 CHF [14.00 CHF]
Rest of the World: 12.00 CHF [16.50 CHF]

[next higher postage bracket 250 gr]

Your ODAC will be shipped in a cardboard box for protection.

I am still waiting for my business account with Swiss Post, this should reduce the shipping prices - hopefully...

Stefan

reposted as the original thread disappeared, here are the pre-orders so far:

Turbon ; Sweden ; 1 ODAC + 1 blk backpanel
igor0203 ; Slovenia ; 1 ODAC
mravlca ; Slovenia ; 1 ODAC
Atilla ; Norway ; 1 ODAC
TheShaman ; Greece ; 1 ODAC
Greenalien ; UK ; 1 ODAC
Finbob ; UK ; 2 ODAC
robodoc ; Germany ; 2 ODAC
matulo_g ; Slovakia ; 1 ODAC
endia ; Turkey ; 1 ODAC
timpert ; Netherlands ; 1 ODAC
serios ; UK ; 1 ODAC
pellesand ; sweden; 2 ODAC
hubsand ; UK ; 2 ODAC
forwidur ; CH, Zurich ; 1 ODAC
schuhbu ; Germany ; 1 ODAC
Big Brown ; Singapore ; 1 ODAC
Nikola Krivorov ; Bulgaria ; 1 ODAC
Gaston ; Sweden; 1 ODAC + 1 backpanel
mabur ; Germany ; 1 ODAC

sorry if this caused any inconvenience for anyone of you, I am not happy about the original thread disappearing either...

Stefan

It certainly doesn't help the GB vendor sure, but this forum is not commercial... vendors should feel free to sponsor the forum in the appropriate manner if that is what they wish for.

yes, agree with that, nevertheless it messed up things pretty well :D
and yes, I wish for that as well to keep this great forum going ;)

I asked SY to move the new post in the GB section to the vendor's bazaar, this way things hopefully become some structure again.

Stefan

better yet, donate to the forum just because its a good thing to do, none of you guys doing the O2 or ODAC include a donation to the forum in your pricing and none of you donate to the forum personally. there are many of us here who donate to the forum and dont even sell anything here except the odd classified. this gets on my nerves a bit, ok a lot, there is a massive amount of bandwidth being used for no return to the forum at all, its not a free webshop.

since you say you agree thats cool, but how about putting your money where your mouth is?

also, do you think its a reasonable thought, when noticing the thread is gone, to just shrug and open another one?

Sonic, Jeremy,

The thread has change significantly since we started discussing interfaces earlier - from a technical discussion thread into an aggregated commercial thread. I don’t want to pollute a vendor’s thread with discussion not directly related to their commercial offerings. I hope they will allow me to try clear up the confusion and I will move on -

The details I provided were about the architectures of the chips involved, not the merits of one approach or component over another.

When I spoke about the USB interface of the 7022 Tenor chip - The USB interface is asynchronous to the audio section. The 7022 also includes a memory buffer that runs the the I2S audio output iso-synchronously. The MCLK output generated by the 7022 PLL is therefore synchronous with the I2S interface and asynchronous with the USB interface. George kindly confirmed that the source for MCLK that drives the 9023 on the ODAC is the MCLK out from the 7022.

When I spoke about the 9023 - It was in the context of asynchronous vs. synchronous mode for MCLK vs. I2S signals. Specifically, the 9023 can be operated with an input to MCLK that is either synchronous to or asynchronous of the I2S buss timing. Nothing to do with USB or buffers there.

Two separate interfaces, two separate contexts. Apologies that there was confusion and let’s agree to not further complicate things here while the owners sort out the unified thread.

Regards,
Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.