• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

ODAC offerings from Various Vendors

Do you want an ODAC back panel for the O2?

• yes for sure!

Votes: 29 43.3%
  • I want to use the ODAC as stand alone unit.

Votes: 21 31.3%
  • I'd rather wait for the ODA...

Votes: 17 25.4%

• Total voters
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
the ODAC is in a better position than most to throw together for a sponsored forum of your own, then you could have all the threads you like. or someone could take the lead..hint hint George. I think there is no doubt this is going to make you a packet. as I understand it everyone is allowed a vendors thread for a project free of charge, if you want more you have to pay for it.

Last edited:
Woah, what has happened to this thread? For those interested in purchasing an ODAC, please visit the website and pay the deposit:
EHP-O2D (O2+ODAC):
EHP-O2D miniature desktop headphone amplifier with USB DAC | Epiphany Acoustics

E-DAC(ODAC in a case):
E-DAC 24bit miniature USB DAC | Epiphany Acoustics

If you want a standalone board, send me a PM here or email and I will price match any other vendor as well as knock 5% off. Also, delivery to UK residents will be first class, so you will get it just a day or 2 after they land in stock with me.

Hi all,

I was offering to organize the groupbuy for this product since I was local to the supplier.

Once the number needed was figured out, I was going to get the volume pricing and then post the final price, the shipping cost and a donation per piece was going to the forum.

But it seems that I got clubber together with the rest of the vendors and it got lost in the shuffle. As others can vouch for in the regular o2 parts groupbuy, my pricing is in line with covering my costs and overhead to run the groupbuy

anyways, enough rumbling from me, if you want one, pm me

forum name
pcb / pcb+case / case
# of each
and I will start tracking them

---

as a good will i have just sent in my sponsor donation, which I will deduct from the final donation from the groupbuy

-joe

Last edited:
Okey doke, having looked at the prices others are offering, you can now order a bare ODAC board from Epiphany Acoustics for just £59.99 + shipping (which is only a few pounds, regardless of country).

We are confident that this is the lowest price available today.

To place your order, either write it here in this thread, send me a PM or send an email detailing the quantity you need plus your country and we will arrange the details with you.

Wow, £59.99 for a bare PCB

ollie, sorue was exclaiming 'wow' in a bad way, because you confused him. I think your terminology is confusing, as evidenced just now. calling it a bare PCB, when you actually mean a fully populated and tested PCB, just not in an enclosure.

sorue: I get why you thought that, but as I understand it ollie meant the dac module, not a bare PCB; £59.99 pounds for a bare PCB would be ridiculous and afaik there will not be any bare PCBs sold, due to licensing agreements and some of the component packages arent very diy friendly

Ha - sorry about that! I have rephrased it now :) It is indeed for a fully populated, tested board and qusp is quite right in saying that it is not possible to purchase a non-populated board.

Okey doke, having looked at the prices others are offering, you can now order a fully populated and tested ODAC board from Epiphany Acoustics for just £59.99 + shipping (which is only a few pounds, regardless of country).

We are confident that this is the lowest price available today.

To place your order, either write it here in this thread, send me a PM or send an email detailing the quantity you need plus your country and we will arrange the details with you.

Last edited:
better yet, donate to the forum just because its a good thing to do, none of you guys doing the O2 or ODAC include a donation to the forum in your pricing and none of you donate to the forum personally. there are many of us here who donate to the forum and dont even sell anything here except the odd classified. this gets on my nerves a bit, ok a lot, there is a massive amount of bandwidth being used for no return to the forum at all, its not a free webshop.

since you say you agree thats cool, but how about putting your money where your mouth is?

also, do you think its a reasonable thought, when noticing the thread is gone, to just shrug and open another one?

Hi qusp,

this is actually incorrect, I stated truly that 5 CHF from every sold ODAC will be donated to the forum once I made the pre-orders available.

To put my money - which I actually have not earned yet as I do not take any deposit or down payments as this would be against my principals, I do not let people pay for something I do not have in hand - where my mouth is I donated the first "down payment" just now.

as for re-posting I sincerely apologize for any work caused for the mod, but this would not be the first forum where a thread disappears...
I also PM'ed SY immediately after your reply to move the newly posted thread to the vendor's bazaar.
question: is it usual that there is no notification mail if a thread gets moved?

The only thing that I would like to see is this thread renamed in something more general like "ODAC"....

I would have replied earlier, but had to climb down from that Volcano (Bromo, Indonesia) first, when I've seen it smoking like that reflow soldering was the first thing that popped into my mind :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Stefan

PS: @ ollie1234 - If you convert my price - donation from CHF into GBP it is actually the cheapest by a mere 30 pence ;)

The only thing that I would like to see is this thread renamed in something more general like "ODAC"....

Actually, I'm quite happy with the thread name! :p
PS: @ ollie1234 - If you convert my price - donation from CHF into GBP it is actually the cheapest by a mere 30 pence ;)

I may be using the wrong price, but google tells me that 92.5CHF = ~£63? (Am I using the wrong price?)

Hi qusp,

this is actually incorrect, I stated truly that 5 CHF from every sold ODAC will be donated to the forum once I made the pre-orders available.

To put my money - which I actually have not earned yet as I do not take any deposit or down payments as this would be against my principals, I do not let people pay for something I do not have in hand - where my mouth is I donated the first "down payment" just now.

as for re-posting I sincerely apologize for any work caused for the mod, but this would not be the first forum where a thread disappears...
I also PM'ed SY immediately after your reply to move the newly posted thread to the vendor's bazaar.
question: is it usual that there is no notification mail if a thread gets moved?

I would have replied earlier, but had to climb down from that Volcano (Bromo, Indonesia) first, when I've seen it smoking like that reflow soldering was the first thing that popped into my mind :D

Stefan

until I brought it up with you, you didnt have anything for the forum afaik unless i'm mistaken there, but I should actually recognise you for being quite willing to do that as well as ask to be moved, kudos is due for that, so my apologies for missing that detail. it hasnt been factored into any of the professional O2 GB's pricing all this time AFAIK, or at least it hadnt when I checked some time ago before making the statement in one of the threads, so if thats changed too thats great.

some seem to be painting me as unreasonable, or having ulterior motives for this, not at all, there was just an explosion of duplicate threads that did not look anything like the group buy I know, but without a thought of where you were and discounting the impact it might have on the forum, or how the paying sponsors and volunteers that keep the place going might feel about being taken for a ride.

then not just you but every single person started another thread without wondering why; if it were me the first thing I would do is contact the mods to see what was up, they are quite approachable and reasonable in my experience

then you have people like Turbon who just baffle me by being seemingly oblivious to the way the world actually works and just leap to strange vaguely described and baseless accusations of conspiracy, while acting hard done by when it has effected him exactly zero % then acting as if its strange that arguing mods decisions might be frowned upon

discussions should have been entered into months ago about how this would be handled and i'm pretty sure you could and probably still can organise something more useful with the forum, that means you arent all in the one thread as per the rules of limitation for the complimentary thread, (not new rules either and the same ones apply to everyone else) it shouldnt all be left to the people running the GB's, so i'm not laying it 100% at your feet either, this was a highly organised product with a long lead up, I would have thought it wise to discuss the rollout.

Last edited:
I recovered all the messages from people who wanted in on the groupbuy from me. if you want one then go ahead and PM me

I will have kits and boards left over from the o2 groupbuy, save on shipping to get it with the odac

For every one sold, $5 USD will be sent to the forum

$100 USD has already been sent as a Sponsor donation

-joe

then not just you but every single person started another thread without wondering why; if it were me the first thing I would do is contact the mods to see what was up, they are quite approachable and reasonable in my experience

Just to clear up my position on this, I (incidentally am a sponsor), I have had a vendors bazaar thread for a while before I noticed the stuff going on in the group buy section. I contacted a mod and since then all the threads were moved here.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.