• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

O2 Amplifier Kit & PCB Groupbuy, Worldwide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think it is dangerous to make such diagnoses on someone's behavior based on the little evidence we have, so let's not do that. ...

I'm not seeing any danger in it. It's good to speculate towards an understanding attitude. Plus my speculation isn't a bad one. These conditions are quite common these days. I have two close friends with bipolar.

Else one's inner demon might end up feeling a little crusty. :)

I just had him on the phone. He said he was unexpectedly away for work for a longer time, but that he'll get back to it immediately, and get the unsent orders out before the end of the month. He promised a response in this thread on short notice. I also told him that if he has trouble or needs help, he should notify it to someone so that arrangements can be made. So let's see if things get moving again.

I just had him on the phone. He said he was unexpectedly away for work for a longer time, but that he'll get back to it immediately, and get the unsent orders out before the end of the month. He promised a response in this thread on short notice. I also told him that if he has trouble or needs help, he should notify it to someone so that arrangements can be made. So let's see if things get moving again.

Thanks for that.....hope we can get this resolved soon....

Meantime...i will wait a few days before get a case trought other seller....

Lets see....

I hate to see that indeed he doesn't.

As I said before, I have no problems in helping you out, but I can not, and will not, assume any responsibility for a situation that I didn't create. If there are any creative minds here who have an idea on what to do next, then please share them.

I hate to see that indeed he doesn't.

As I said before, I have no problems in helping you out, but I can not, and will not, assume any responsibility for a situation that I didn't create. If there are any creative minds here who have an idea on what to do next, then please share them.

But when you spoke to jokener...what did they say about this? He give no reason for that?

I hope that Jokener is aware of the end of Apple's MobileMe:
Frequently asked questions about the MobileMe transition and iCloud

After June 30, 2012, his gallery and pdf won't be available under the links in his first post, so I hope that he moves the files to iCloud and posts the new links.

Oh well.. on the other hand, he didn't update the pdf for lightyears and it seems that he doesn't seem to care.. §$&%$§%$

I am normally not too fond of disclosing private communication in a public place, but this is the body of the message I just sent him:

The sentiment in the GB thread is getting really bad now, someone is actually considering to contact the police. So optimistically I think that this is really your very last chance to act and get things back under control. Pessimistically, I think you definitively blew it.

I have said it before and I’ll say it again, if you need help then please say so, so we can think of a solution to this situation. The worst option is to let this endure without doing anything, because in some time that will get you a criminal record. I am willing to help you out, and I am sure that we’ll be able to find some additional support if necessary. But nobody except you can take that first step, so please DO SOMETHING!

I hope I made it clear enough that this is his final warning and his very last chance for damage control. If he doesn't follow up within a day or two, I think that contacting the police is the right thing to do.

I was pondering the Police route too.

In one of my communications to Jokener I volunteered to help, but this was not necessary according to Jokener. As told by him and how I understand it everything is already sorted and in boxes ready to be shipped (except the PSU). He made now several promesses to me to ship my order, but till now he didn't live up to his promisses.

@Timpert; Are you willing to be contacted by the Police to supply them with the address and telephone number of Jokener? I am willing to wait till this weekend. But beginning next week I am going to the police.

Let me start by apologizing one final time.
I am aware that we are, that I am, way past the point where an apology can set things right.
The situation has come to a point that, in all honesty, I have never wanted.
As stressed out as I may be, the situation is haunting me day and night.
Thats why I have decided to announce the following:

I will finish this GB in the very close future, or refund all the outstanding orders if I fail to do so.
To avoid my earlier mistakes, I will set a firm and final deadline: June 30th.
I would prefer for that deadline to be tomorrow, but I would not be able to keep it.
I would also prefer to refund everybody right away, but since I did buy the parts, I am not sitting on your money.
On the other hand it is not your fault I messed up this GB so badly, which is why I have set that June 30th deadline.

Since it appears some shipments have been lost in the mail, I will only ship with tracking numbers.
(In no way do I want to blame the postal service for these delays. The delays are exclusively my fault.)
That way I will be able to provide you with the tracking numbers as soon as the shipments are out.

I will clean out my message inbox on diyaudio.com tomorrow, so I will be able to receive messages again.
And I will follow up with the next few shipment notifications tomorrow as well, to prove these are not just empty words to buy more time.

My most sincere apologies,
Jokener

Joined 2005
Paid Member
Hi Jokener,
Glad you're back.
There's no hurry for my order so just ship when it's all there, or when you've had enough. No need for any refund if you're still short of something. It must have been a nightmare when you couldn't get all the parts for such a large GB. Perhaps not all appreciated the amount of work involved.
Best wishes
Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.