• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

non-profit ver.3 TDA1541a DAC for limited budget diyers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Thomas and all

I have receive the dac ;) ;) .

I don't have :the selection plate
a parts of the receiver (card with the two square chip for the I2S )
the second dac
the "Usb card"
the tube buffer (i know that it's not ready)
the selection plate

I have receive the 2 transformers but i don't buy that :xeye: .

Snif Snif I can't use my UGS in balenced signal :(

When It's possible too have the mising card (i have the time)

bye
Matthias ;) ;)

hi all,

Long time no see for 8 days.

I was back from japan & taiwan.

today afternoon I back to my home & saw one parcel was arrived.

it contain 6 sets of DAC ( full assembled + DIR 9001).

Selection kits will arrive this several days.

all waiting diyers about the full balance kits. I will use two days to re-test 48hrs before I post to U. sorry to so late.

thx

thomas

007.jpg

the new small upgrade parts DIR 9001 had little different between normally design because I saw most diyers like to use NOS mode. So this DIR9001 was designed use without external clock ( re-clock) circuit. It means during NOS mode, U can use this DIR9001 low jitter digital receiver to enjoy better sound.

BTW, one of my friend in Hong Kong told me use direct couple (remove ) all the caps on IV op-amp board was very good.

I will call him update in this forum!

thx

thomas

Hi thomas

I had email you but you don't replied me :bawling:

Theses cards are mising in my parcel :

-The selection plate
-A parts of the receiver (card with the two square chip for the I2S )
-The second dac (I had buy a full balanced kit without the transformers)
-The "Usb card"
-The tube buffer (I know that it's not ready)

In one mail I had joint one photo because it's more simply to see the missing elements.

Don't forget me please ;) ;)

Thx
Matthias

Hi Thomas,
i have a "doubt" about my order. I received this kit :

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

After reading the previous posts from beginning, it seems it's a kit for a SINGLE !!! I payed for a full balanced and i think know it's missing a lot of pieces !!!!:bawling: Hope it's only a mistake and i will receive the rest of my order ASAP (with the all small "free parts" as promised) !!!!!!!!! If it can be sent this week it will be very nice.
To be honnest i would like to solve this order ASAP because a lot of confusing, missing parts, etc..... So sorry to say this.
:whazzat:

hi Thomas,

I just want a give you feedback on your DAC. The version I am using is the standard edition with S2 double crown but not the Balance version.

What I compare your kit with CD16 and Project D1. I played different songs my wife very familiar (her ears are very sensitive) without telling her which one is using. She gave me all feedbacks before I told her the which one is which.

1. CD-16 - very easy to tell CD 16 is not good as the other two. Not only Vocal is not good as the other Project D1, image ¡¥s Sharpness, the mid range, the dynamic are also not good the other two.
2. Project D1 ¡V the dynamic is best compare to other two. The other area is very close with your kit.
3. DAC kit (standard edition) already has 85% of Project D1 performance. Only Image¡¥s Sharpness is not good as project D1 (already 80% of project D1).

I replaced the op amps with LT 1028 and bypass the decouple caps in the I/V module. There is a quite good improvement. I asked my wife to listen the songs again to compare project D1 and the DAC kit (of course not telling her which one is using). She gave me all feedbacks first before I told her which is which. In general, I think dynamic is still only little bit not good as project. For female vocal, I think it is even better project D1. I may need more time to listen.

Next things I want to do are to use 2 TDA1541 to compare the project D1 again to compare there dynamic and then compare the balance output . When an I buy the remainding modules?

Can anyone tell me any latest good Opamp? The LT1028s I am using is I bought 15 years ago. it is good but may not good as today latest opamp...

BTW, after I tell my wrife which one is which, she asked me to sell the project D1 right away. It is not worth to paid more 10 times just for 5% different.

banny

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.