No more aching back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wire delivery to the lathe... Yeah, I've been trying to sort that out. The spindle is threaded on to the head stock in such a way that I have to have the coil rotate over the top and towards me. That mean I'm feeding the form from underneath, blind unless I can have the spools in front of me as I face the lathe...

The lathe faces a wall and My garage is so full of machinery and carpentry stuff that I don't have much room to turn the lathe around and stand on the other side... I could always put the spools overhead, seems clumsy though.

Looks like I'm going to have to push the work bench away from the wall.

The little things... sheesh

I'm making progress with the chassis. Notice my eyeglasses in the rear of the photo for scale.

Attachments

• copy of eric amp wood details.jpg
    copy of eric amp wood details.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 372
Magura said:

Sure, as I bet he won't like the idea of a bill for 1.000 hrs of work :rofl:

Magura :)

1 hour work... :D :smash: :smash: :rofl: I wish I were that fast. To make matters worse, I don't like the way the top turned out--I'm going to redo it and make the curves wider. This amp is so heavy that I'm afraid the top will break if bumped.

On the positive side, my wife says she wants the rejected piece for an art project... she said I looked pretty sexy with that router in my hands...;) God, I love that woman!

Blues said:
Wow, Woody's woody amp! Very nice...just remove the cover plate for me please:)

Right now, you'd see a nice, big, shiny empty cavity. I'll be loading the chassis in the next several weeks--I have to stain and urethane the wood. The components are visible on my DIY Class A Amplifier web page at www.inlowsound.com

I'll be posting pictures of the completed project as I go. Thanks for the interest. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.