No more aching back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nelson Pass said:
Let's see... What circuit is that?

:cool:

The first stage is a simple differential jfet signal splitter...

second stage is differential mosfet (IRF630) I know, I know, but I have a bunch of them on hand and they sound terrific.

Third stage is a differential LU1014D choke loaded follower with a modulated voltage regulator on top

It's so damned cool, I can't believe it!

If my circuit resembles one (or more) of your's, Nelson, I'm sorry. But, when you think about it, I did learn everything I know from you (and the guys in this forum). ;)

Nelson Pass said:

Flattery gets you everywhere.

:cool:

You're a good teacher. I got the modulated voltage regulator idea from Zen tutorial 3. The LU1014D came in part from Zen 7. The source follower is something I've always wanted to try.

I hadn't intended to use the LU1014D--the 3rd stage was originally all Mosfet. The problem was the extreme waste of energy. The LU1014D does a dandy job of solving that problem. It also sounds great with only 12 to 14 volts. If I can get the 2nd stage to run on less voltage, this amp would be a terrific addition to an automobile--many thanks to Eric Gonzales for that wonderful idea.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.