No more aching back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• hydra-hd.jpg
    hydra-hd.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 88
Magura said:

I thought I'd better remain silent, for the sake of the elderly around here :D

Magura :)

I appreciate your sensitivity in so doing, thank you.

As for banana skins, I have had a serious Achilles tendon rip, :wchair: severe gout :wchair: , and as they say these things come in threes a kindly builder let a 11' scaffold steel pole slide and hit me on the top of the head....never realized I had so much blood, or how long concussion hangs around.:t_ache:

pre V day! ! :D

Hi all,

I'm back home, hooked up a populated 3rd stage and turned on the juice (with a variac of course).

Very pretty sounding. My first stage is a jfet differential, not the ZVN3310 depicted in the schematic, above.

I feared it wouldn't be bright enough, what with there being two stages of jfets. It seems I was wrong--the amp sounds amazing. I mean, REALLY amazing! I haven't worked the voltage past 11.5v, but when I have more time and can take some measurements, I'll see about getting her up to 19 volts. I notice that increasing the voltage from 10v to 11.5v makes a world of difference. It's possible that the final 7.5 volts will offer improvement as well.

Shooting for 1 excellent watt and loving it... :cool:

Amazing efficiency. I've been listening for an hour. Look at the size of these heat sinks--the larger mosfet heat sinks are only 43C. The LU1014D heat sinks are 24C. I'm filling the lab with plenty of music. It's like heaven...

My golden ears wife says this is the best I've come up with so far...

Attachments

• 3rd stage pic.jpg
    3rd stage pic.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 200
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.