• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Silonex LDRs for Lightspeed Attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got my boards for my new test jig yesterday. Went to Home Depot and bought a board and piece of Acrylic to mount them on. Am working on a precision voltage source and matching precision resistors to use in it. Am pretty excited. My first boards didnt work. My design was to aggressive and complicated. I have simplified the design a lot and these new boards seem to be fine. Will know in a few days. They hold the LDR rows that get tested and then I have a master board which has worked fine from the start. The master board controls voltage and allows me to switch LDR rows on and off as well as measure each LDR individually in a way that will speed things up and make my results more reproduceable. Would like to get, and will find one today, a super precise trimmer that has very low ppm so that I can set my voltage to a precision setting within X.0001 at the least. The resistors are performing great though. This morning I have taken 5 at random and dropped them in at the exact same voltage with the exact same LDR. I had set the LDR at 1010R and then started switching the 5 different resistors in and out and the resistance of the LDR varied NO MORE than 2 Ohms. With the LDR set to 22.5k and using my basic DMM, not the suped up one, the resistance did not move under the same test. So I am happy with getting all my resistors out of the same batch. Now I just need to make sure I have a great voltage supply so I can replicate the exact same voltage for every test. Yeah sounds easy LOL but I can do it.
Uriah

Got it. Thank you.
I recently listened with a KT88 PP amp. The ODDWATT amp. It was really good, but then he removed the KT88s and put in KT77s. The difference went from really good to one of the better systems I have EVER heard. Source was vinyl - tubed RIAA phono pre - Lightspeed - AMP - Audio Nirvana 12" Full Range Bass Reflex.
Incredible clarity and I would love to own that whole system.
Of course the best I have heard was 300B SE Wavelength Audio with Lightpspeed and Audio Nirvana driven by CDP. Wish I had heard it with that same RIAA pre and vinyl.
Uriah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.