• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Silonex LDRs for Lightspeed Attenuator

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys/Gals,
I just want to let you know that boxes are being addressed and custom forms are next then shipping. Should be a week til they are in the mail.
Also I am taking preorders or more 'letters of interest' if you will for a shipment that I expect to be around Christmas.
Just email me at diyldr(@)gmail.com and tell me you are interested and I will get you on a waitlist. In a month or a little more, after I get the jig built, I will send out invoices to those interested to solidify your place in the order.
Uriah

Ta2020

Hi Uriah,
Please send me 4 extra's for the TA2020. Can you quote the price for adding them to my first order?
I think some kind of matching will be required to get the same level L & R.
Still have to find out if it works with the ldr between O/P and - or between I/P and -.
In the first case it has to have a very low resistance at full current, in the second case it needs to have a high resistance at low current.
I think from feedback stability the second option is the safest.
about:blank

Kind regards,
Rick

Attachments

• input-LDR.GIF
    input-LDR.GIF
    10.6 KB · Views: 394
Rick
If you do not intend to vary their resistance then no matching is required. Simply put some low level voltage on them, 5V or less. Give each one of them a trim pot that is inbetween the power supply and the LDR and you can trim them to whatever value you want. The matching is only so that they keep L and R balance WHILE a single pot rotates to control them both. I your case though, you can get by with a trimmer pot for each of them. Get a few 500k multiturn trimmers and trim them to the 20k you want. Thats all. No matching needed. Any LDR can go to 20k with the right amount of resistance in series with the voltage.
I can add it to your order.
Uriah

Volume control

Uriah,
I DO want to use the LDR's as volume control in the TA2020.
When doing this I don't need a ground referenced pot and can omit 1 coupling cap.
As I can live with a reduced control span I want to only use one LDR in each half of the amp. So they should be equal to stay balanced.
I think that the second option from the two mentioned above is the best, then I need couplers with a high Off Resistance, like the NSL-32SR3.
Is it correct that you use the 32SR2?
Rick

Okay, yep you would need balanced but I dont have any more matched that I can give you right now.
I could send you a bunch of LDRs from a bag I have not gone through yet and you could try to find a match in there. If you are only looking for 2 to match then it should not be hard. I would go with maybe 12 to 20 LDRs to get a decnt pair.. If you use a balancing pot you should be able to find a nice enough match out of 12.
Uriah

Guys/Gals,
I just want to let you know that boxes are being addressed and custom forms are next then shipping. Should be a week til they are in the mail.
Also I am taking preorders or more 'letters of interest' if you will for a shipment that I expect to be around Christmas.
Just email me at diyldr(@)gmail.com and tell me you are interested and I will get you on a waitlist. In a month or a little more, after I get the jig built, I will send out invoices to those interested to solidify your place in the order.
Uriah

Have mine been sent yet?

Rob.

Uriah ,
I sent you an email to be added on the next round, I may have been unclear, I am interested in two stereo sets for single ended use.

Thanks for your work on this and donating to the forum. I would like to see all group buys participate in donating to the forum. It is an invaluable resource if not for it I would be still listening to my computer speakers.

Bill

Just emailed you Bill. Did not see this post til now.
Okay no problem and thank you so much. I had removed the fact that I donated from my signature and actually got requests to put it back in to encourage others to do so. Hope it never offends anyone, its not a holier than thou statement.
Sure, I can get them to you around Christmas. Will bill you in a month or so.
Uriah

Guys I am really glad you are finally getting them. Please forgive me for the lateness of delivery. It drives me crazy to ship late. Many family related problems worked their way into this and when you need to sit down, undisturbed, for at least half a day for what seems to have been over a dozen times delivery times take it hard.
GOOD NEWS THOUGH! I have been working on a test fixture that will allow me to power on 100 LDRs at a time and then cycle through them with knobs to test rather than clipping onto each one with DMM leads. It also allows me to change power to them all at once rather than individually so things should be a lot faster. My first board failed as I had not considered how much LDRs are current hogs and will effect each other when in the same circuit but I finished a layout last night that fixed that problem when I tested it on protoboard. I am excited for a CHRISTMAS shipping that I seriously think will be easy to do with this new setup.
Uriah

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.