NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello guys...listen.

1.do not remove ag film from your new monitor. i bought 16' vs monitor and removed the ag and doomed the ag is polarizer too . so without that film nothing except white light. now ia m trying to get it serviced from dealer .let me see whether he does it or not.

that was very difficult job to remove the ag carefully without breaking the lcd.

2.400w mh lamp gets terrifically hot. so cooling is extremely tiresome and need proper attention else there are chances either to loose ur lcd or lamp itself .so be careful.

3. reflector shouldnt be any kind of parabola with shining surface but you need to well align the reflection so that you get maximum light outputs.

4. ohp fresnel bought from lensel is not so great for lcd projector use but can be considered for the value for money thing. it cheap.

anything else, feel feel to contact me ..after a long long struggle with component procurement finally i built mine and happy to say that i am very satisfied with my projector. it can can project 10ftx 5ft extremely bright and sharp picture far better than those branded projectors. thankfully.

take care not to expose yourself to mh lamp light. it has high ultra violet emision can lead to blindness or even cancer too. but behind the lcd in closed box it is very safe.

Friends,
I was trying to build a projector and gathered all info and materials.But all of a sudden,I have got an opportunity to move to USA for almost 2 years.So i've decided to sell all the parts i got for the diy projector.The projector is almost 85% ready and some amount of tweaking is required for the enclosure box. I have also stripped off the LCD panel which can be directly used.Stripping off the LCD is almost 50% effort in DIY projectors and requires an expert and carefull hand so as to avoid damage to the screen/FFC cable.Below is the list of parts available.
1 Wooden enclosure for the projector with threaded rods (this is adjustable).I have attached 12V DC fans to it for cooling
2. OSRAM Ballast 250W
3. 220 and 330 mm fresnel lens unused.Bought from Lensel.
4. Standard 340mm Triplet got from Optics allied (I have fitted this to the enclosure.If someone wants, I can remove and give it.)
5. OSRAM 250W MH Lamp with Moghul base.(Only switched on for testing when bought)
6. 15.6'' BENQ G610HDA LCD monitor (Unit is stripped off and is ready to be used directly)

If anybody is interested please PM me.I am in Bangalore.
Thanks,
Bishnu Bhatta

Dear all,
My first metal halide (150watts-double ended) went of last week. One side of the inner contact broken. It served me for more than 2 years.
Now I am lookiong for a double ended 250 watts lamp. Searched some shops in mysore. But no luck. All r having single ended only.
Is there any shop in Mysore selling double ended 250 watts?anybody pseee.
VU2PDA

Hey guys,
Am planning to make a projector here in mumbai..
so anyone who's made one or planning to make one n wants to do it together, call me up!...9820962109-raj..(naam to suna hoga ..:p)

Progress, till now:
- Sent a quote request to lensel pune today..
- got a dead laptop, probably ill use the screen if possible...
- will go hunting for high power LEDs as my back light(cant afford the disply to burn up in d middle, nor the power bill...plus the LEDs cost a lot less,so affordable)

Hello Jayesh,
Did you get parts for your projector,
Even I am looking forward to build one.

Good Luck for your diy.

Dear all,
My first metal halide lamp (150watts-double ended) went of last week. One side of the inner contact broken. It served me for more than 2 years.
Now I am lookiong for a double ended 250 watts lamp. Searched some shops in mysore. But no luck. All r having single ended only.
VU2PDA

Hi budhi first of all Congrats . i'm willing to make this kind of projector for last one year. but i could not find the materials mentioned here. i'm in kolkata. i'v searched it aprox where in town. at some OHP service centre they says they will provide me but the price are too high
1 fresnel will cost me Rs. 3200/- and triplet lens Rs.- 2200/-. Dom you or anybody has nay idea where i can get the lenses a bit cheaper in kolkata? lcd and mh bulb prices are normal, so ok for it.
Please hellllp!

why no to choose this lamp?

Dear all,
My first metal halide (150watts-double ended) went of last week. One side of the inner contact broken. It served me for more than 2 years.
VU2PDA

I think this lamp can meet your requirements, I'm find it from aliexpress.com :D
er,www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/312498

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.