NEW projector from INDIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: yippie

vijaycool said:
I am a silent member of Lumenlab almost a year. i have doubt on ordering online as well as how much import duty we need to pay. my native is chennai, currently in pune :D . can i directly go to the company and purchase lens and the fresnel ?

Hey Vijay.... if you are at Pune, why don't you try Lensel Optics?

Contact Add:
Lensel Optics Pvt. Ltd.,
66/2, D2, MIDC, Chinchwad,
Pune - 411 019
Tel : +91-20-66111722, 27464581, 27474340
Fax : +91-20-66111721

Email : lensel@vsnl.com or lensel@pn2.vsnl.net.in

P.S: Lensels are bad at email response. Try speaking to them instead.

one more query

@maks0001: whom to contact in lensel optics.

are they having different groove pitch a.k.a 0.5 mm and 0.2 mm pitch
what is the native resolution for those victor or super lcd's coz they have put max 1024*728(but thats not the resolution for widescreen tv)
any help regarding that info appreciated

Re: one more query

vijaycool said:
@maks0001: whom to contact in lensel optics.

are they having different groove pitch a.k.a 0.5 mm and 0.2 mm pitch
what is the native resolution for those victor or super lcd's coz they have put max 1024*728(but thats not the resolution for widescreen tv)
any help regarding that info appreciated

Vijay, I'm not sure of the point in contact at Lensel... but man, when you are calling as a customer, you should be least bothered about all those things.

well, I did not chk the groove pitch factor when I ordered my Lens from Lensel... in fact, I didn't communicate with them... it was a fellow DIYer who helped me out.

New projector from India !

Maks take a look at my 95% complete PJ i'm still waiting on my lense and i just bought a 220mm and a 330mm they should also be here very shortly the box turned out aok.And i fixed the light problem it was my reflector now i'm using a reflector from a huge flashlight,the image is very bright now. http://www.hostclip.com/dl/feb5a29faa739a7a2e1602daab97e260

Hi Maks,
Sorry, I am keeping quiet for a long time. My attempts at carpentry failed miserably!, and so now I have entrusted the work to a carpenter. Hopefully the shell will be ready by this weekend, and hope to see some result by Monday or Tuesday. I will post the results as soon as possible.

Pollok

And this is the basic design of the shell

Attachments

• proj.jpg
    proj.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 533
Thanks Maks. I am going to conceal the air vents in black lining, so that it won't look ugly. And also, the vents at the front top are angled towards the rear end and those at the bottom are facing down.
Anyway, these plans have to work. If the carpenter screws up, then I'll be back in square one.

- Pollok

Gosh! It's happened again!! The carpenter brought back the plans and advance saying he could not do it!!! The measurements in cm and mm were too much for him, it seems. I think I'll have to settle for the normal box type PJ for now, and if and when I find a 'real' carpenter who can follow my plans, I will switch to the new one...

pollok said:
Gosh! It's happened again!! The carpenter brought back the plans and advance saying he could not do it!!! The measurements in cm and mm were too much for him, it seems. I think I'll have to settle for the normal box type PJ for now, and if and when I find a 'real' carpenter who can follow my plans, I will switch to the new one...

Pollok, that's how these carpenter guyz are. I had a similar experience when I had designed my Speaker columns, and I had a tough time explaining the design to my carpenter. He took over a week just to understand the push-pull type design. Anyways... my suggestion is, just pick that saw and hammer and get on to it yourself... that's what I did. It's no good relying on these duds. Moreover, when you do it all by yourself you get a satisfaction of creation, even if it's a simple design.... and your PJ can truely be called a DIY Pj.

well guy's i'm not satisfied with the out come of my pj picture quality the image is very dim and i can't hardly see it from a throw distance of 12 feet SO i have decided to start another box this one will be 15"wide and 24" in length and 8"in depth just a basic design the bulb i will use is a 400watt metal halide color temp of 4200 i will try to post the bulb .Here is the bulbhttp://www.hostclip.com/dl/cfeb05c4c8a8e8d9635636005c6f4385

Re: New projector from India !

cool 1 said:
well guy's i'm not satisfied with the out come of my pj picture quality the image is very dim and i can't hardly see it from a throw distance of 12 feet SO i have decided to start another box....

Hey, cool_1... was just wondering what's deterring the brightness level, and how can a different design box enhance it. Mine too is 12 ft throw distance, but the image is bright enough at 150W MH bulb. Have you tried adjusting the brightness / contrast levels on the LCD?

Maks I have tried to adjust the brightness and the contrast but it just won't get any brighter.I also tried to move the condenser lense closer and farther away from the bulb,no difference .Remember that i'm using an old slide projector 500w bulb it gives off alot of heat but little light.The condenser brightens the light that i have but still not enough.Also if i take and remove the condenser the image is not even visible,so the condenser does help alot. Everything inside the box is enclosed absolutely no light loss at all.Remember in an earlier post the center of the image was very bright so i used a diffuser from the back of the LCD to even out the light.If i remove the diffuser the center of the image is acceptable however the outside is dull and not acceptable. The new light engine will be for sure a big hit.This bulb is huge 11.5"long BT 37 MH 400w kelvin 4200 this bulb will work for sure.Therefore a bigger box is needed.

Attachments

• elights_1937_81375880.gif
    elights_1937_81375880.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 456

Maks take a look at this as this is my new box built today the funny looking thing in the center is the LCD holder.This time 2 fans in the rear 120mm one to suck and one to blow.The one on the side will blow straight across to keep LCD cool.Not sure as to were i will put the balast yet as it also needs some cooling. http://www.hostclip.com/dl/770a6ca7b0cb380a254c531c5586aecd

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.