New PassDIY Headphone Amp (now available)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,

a friend of mine build a nice pot with Muses 72320, hope to implement it here :D. So, how long we must wait for pcb?
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Nice features, remote and display. :)

In german D..... says:
- 35x35mm
- 2,4,6,8 Kanal da Muses Boards kaskadiert werden können. Man steckt hinterm Controller einfach mehrere Muses 2 Kanal Boards
- 0dB to -111.5dB/0.25dB und Mute
- 20kOhm Eingangsimpendanz
- Bedienung / Befestigung über Drehencoder mit Tastfunktion
- Abspeichern aktueller Lautstärke als Startlautstärke
- +/- 15V Spannungsversorgung
- Controller wird bei "nicht Bedienung" lahmgelegt, d.h. alle Takte aus, um Störungen im Audiosignal zu vermeiden
- Lautstärke +/- und Mute fernbedienbar (RC5, RC6, NEC, Apple...) inkl. Lernfunktion
- UART / RS232 Ausgabe (empfangene Fernbedienungskommandos, allg. Infos)
- zukünftige Erweiterungsmöglichkeit um Anzeige oder Relaisansteuerung (7-Segment etc.) über weiteres aufsteckbares Board

In german D..... says:

-2,4,6,8 channels as the Muses boards can be stacked/added. Several 2-channel Muses boards can be hooked up on/behind the controller.
-20k input impedance
-adjustment/mounting by rotary switch/encoder (with manual operation)
-possibility to lock/store the current volume setting as the start-up volume.
- +/-15V operation voltage
-controller is turned-off when not in operation, aka all contacts-off, to avoid disturbance of the audio signal.
- volume +/- and mute function remote-operated, including learning function.
-UART/RS232 output (received RC commands, general info)
-future expansion possibilities for a/the display (7-segment) or relais-control on another connectable board

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Well they are pretty much the same some just have more circuitry. The Muse and the Maxim1882 are two I have used successfully. The board is set up to use the Alps 27 Mm pot.

Except there is a huge difference in price - <$2 for the maxim, $20 for the muse. Similar for TI parts iirc. I don't want to take this too far off topic, maybe I'll start another thread.

Can we use Fairchild FQP3N30 and FQP3P20 in place of Toshiba 2SJ313 and 2SK2013 for the outputs? The Toshibas are discontinued and difficult to get. Do the outputs need to be matched? I am thinking not.

Attachments

• WhammyRev1.jpg
    WhammyRev1.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 1,234
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.