New PassDIY Headphone Amp (now available)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
IMG_1233.jpg

The chassis takes a standard Schurter IEC

IMG_1234.jpg

The rails are a bit to close to use a machine screw and nut, but using a sheet metal screw works great!

IMG_1235.jpg

Neutrik headphone jack

IMG_1236.jpg

IMG_1237.jpg

IMG_1238.jpg

The Landfall chassis requires placing leads on the pot, in order to get the pot on the centerline of the chassis. (It looks better that way... :) ) Easy.

IMG_1242.jpg

IMG_1243.jpg

Front panel

IMG_1245.jpg

Shiny chrome knob. With camera. :)

IMG_1246.jpg

Unfortunately, this knob was just a bit tight for that shaft, and though it went on with some, but not insurmountable, resistance, I just can't seem to get it off...
Oh well. It's not a bad knob.

IMG_1247.jpg

Wiring the jack.

IMG_1248.jpg

IMG_1249.jpg

Wiring the pot to the PCB.

IMG_1250.jpg

Signal input here.
IMG_12511.jpg

IMG_1252.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

More assembly of the Landfall Systems Chassis. These things are sturdy when assembled!

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
meldano - We are looking into PCB production right now. I could have some in a week, but they would be quite expensive...

AndrewT - Again, I ask, what on earth are you talking about? The photos are hosted at diyAudio...the photos are not going anywhere. And if you are using that argument as a sideways complaint about long page load times, I've been dong it like this for years now, so I would suggest you avoid my threads, to save time.

AndrewT - Again, I ask, what on earth are you talking about? The photos are hosted at diyAudio...the photos are not going anywhere. And if you are using that argument as a sideways complaint about long page load times, I've been dong it like this for years now, so I would suggest you avoid my threads, to save time.
At my end, I get told the pics are coming from origin.xxxxx
That reads like a remote server.
We have hundreds of lost pics from remote servers that no longer serve.

If origin.xxxxx is a mistake and the pics are actually hosted by DIYaudio for posterity, then my comment was not needed.
Sorry if you had already attached.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
A few more assembly pics -

IMG_4327.JPG

The heatsink channel needs thermal compound to transfer the heat from the transistors to the chassis.

IMG_4328.JPG

A thin coat on the entirety of the channel is a good idea. I use a brush to smooth it out.

IMG_4329.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

The channel is threaded and tapped, the screws attach from the outside. Simple and effective.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.