New MJK Baffle Article

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, after many readings I wanted the FF85K, wich was still in stock in a shop here. Placed my order then... no news: I was the guy who order just after another guy take the last pair... !@#!
A french website claims that january will see the new improved speakers to replace the FF85K. Anyone close to Fostex with clues?

Interesting ...

P.s. - Spectrumaudio.de are a good "speciality" driver shop online. They're German. I've ordered from them 2 or 3 times, everything was fast and good. It looks like they have the FF85K for €43 each: Übersicht Breitbandlautsprecher

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
A french website claims that january will see the new improved speakers to replace the FF85K. Anyone close to Fostex with clues?

There are all sorts of rumours swirling around. My supplier knows nothing. Better than FF85K will be pretty amazing.

I'm hoping the Gen 2 Alpair 6 catch up with the FF85

I have a few pair FF85KeN left.

dave

while those of us still "fanboys"? of the late xx7 series are still adjusting to working with other drivers for non-BLH designs (yeah, the Alpairs are a challenge to live with :eek:), our concerns upon first viewing of T/S parameters for the revised "6" series were allayed when we finally heard them in boxes.

provided that any successor to the FF85K doesn't lose the magic that may be buried in the combination of huge motor, teeny composite cone/dustcap and that fabulous UDR surround, there should be little to complain about

what am I saying, there'll always be some of us wanting to gripe, even in our most passive aggressive voice

above provided in public service as a warning to the dangerous combination of sleep deprivation and high speed internet access

Hi,

I'm not close to Fostex but the local distributor here say there will be a replacement for FF85K in the early next year.

Whatever "replacement" may be and turn out :confused: :xfingers:

- Elias

Well, after many readings I wanted the FF85K, wich was still in stock in a shop here. Placed my order then... no news: I was the guy who order just after another guy take the last pair... !@#!

I have that (single), although I prefer the Beta.

The efficiencies are such that a 16 ohm PM6A will have a
decent match with a simple passive crossover.

:cool:

I'm just finishing up my F5 variations and I'm looking for the right OB to complement the system.

I'd considered the DX4 above two Alpha (or Beta) 15s with a passive XO. Jon ver Halen was pretty insistent that I go with one of the Alnicos, saying the DXs were nothing special on an OB. I'm paraphrasing a bit, but he'd suggested any of the PMA series would surpass the DXs on an OB. Have you had this experience? I know you've played with quite a few Lowthers on your OB system.

Finally, I'm open to an active XO. Do you have a sense of when you might release your Active XO DIY plans?

Thanks

hi

guys i need some advice .Just put mine baffle together and crossover im using suggested by someone is low pass filter on the woofer-a coil and a 5 watt resister and sounds good as it is..What more would i gain buy installing original crossover by Martin King.Im suing Fe103 for full ranger.
I would have to add that don't know much about the subject ,just learning from this excellent forum...

Thanks in Advance

Here's how I did mine. fe103e over Alpha 15 in H-frame.

Attachments

• PICT0023.JPG
    PICT0023.JPG
    750.6 KB · Views: 511
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.