New Lii-Audio “Fast-15” - anyone hear these yet?

1000004720.png

Funny, i was put off by the color but after getting them i like it. They are heavy big cast frames. But the sound is what's amazing. The transients are very quick and they have good bass even in a open baffle. I am planning to modify a baffle for a existing box to see how that goes. I may even build the dedicated folded horn for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
The coaxials will need some type of crossover.
Just got my answer on the crossovers for the C1202: None needed, designed for the tweeter and 'mid woofer' (not sure what to call the larger driver as it is nearly full range) to be run in parallel. I'm super intrigued now - they have shipped from Lii-Audio (China) to the international shipper. Should have them in a week maybe?

A +10bB rise from 200Hz to 700Hz? That would hurt my ears so much.... We haven't even started dealing with baffle step!
I've seen school PA systems look better than that! :)
So, basically, if one had to tame that with EQ, it would become a sub- 80dB driver. Yikes.

And sure, running the tweeter without any kind of cap (or complete XO between the tweet and woofer) is a great way to sell more coaxial drivers!
Once you blow the tweet, you need to get another one! Great marketing strategy! :)

Every company I know shows impedance curves for the woofer and the tweeter in a coax. Strangely, not Lii....

Just got my answer on the crossovers for the C1202: None needed, designed for the tweeter and 'mid woofer' (not sure what to call the larger driver as it is nearly full range) to be run in parallel. I'm super intrigued now - they have shipped from Lii-Audio (China) to the international shipper. Should have them in a week maybe?
For my shipment in the music-8's it took three days for the PayPal to clear and another three for the shipment to arrive. They used dhl.

And sure, running the tweeter without any kind of cap (or complete XO between the tweet and woofer) is a great way to sell more coaxial drivers!
Once you blow the tweet, you need to get another one! Great marketing strategy!
Also a great way to insure permanent loss of return customers. Piezo tweeter? Capacitor in the frame like the old coax EVs? The only description found on a vendor's site is a "post-compressed tweeter".

A +10bB rise from 200Hz to 700Hz? That would hurt my ears so much.... We haven't even started dealing with baffle step!
I've seen school PA systems look better than that! :)
So, basically, if one had to tame that with EQ, it would become a sub- 80dB driver. Yikes.

Once you blow the tweet, you need to get another one! Great marketing strategy! :)

Every company I know shows impedance curves for the woofer and the tweeter in a coax. Strangely, not Lii....
which piece are you missing ?

I don't know the C1202, but i know Lii Audio sells a crossover box with a pot to adjust by listening the speaker (after the baffle is built). I don't think this driver with separate terminals can be used without crossover.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-23 152749.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 152749.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot 2024-05-23 153039.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-23 153039.png
    53.6 KB · Views: 31
From that link, I see:
The Description part is just a bunch of words put together to sound cool, but really doesn't offer anything. Guess they didn't bother getting someone to do a better translation.

In the Instructions, they mention they have a "built-in simple splitter processing." So, they put a simple cap in there for the tweeter.

They also mention not to listen too loud, or as they eloquently put out: " Try not to be too loud when listening to the audition, because the short circuit of the low frequency will cancel out the sound a lot, and it is easy to overload if the sound is too loud."

So, as I get it, the first sentence says the bass will be lacking (obvious from the response graph), and the second one says it will distort quite badly.

For the price they ask, I would expect a lot better.

I don't know the C1202, but i know Lii Audio sells a crossover box with a pot to adjust by listening the speaker (after the baffle is built). I don't think this driver with separate terminals can be used without crossover.
That has two inputs, so it looks like it would be used for a biamped system, with passive filters on each driver. My guess would be the tweeter of the C1202 has a capacitor on it and comes in where the woofer begins to roll off.

This website is like a trial i guess, a default template to edit. In china nobody use website (only apps) so i guess it was outsourcing.
For now i would recommand using aliexpress. I figure out at least for France that the shipping improved quite a lot, before you were waiting 1 month and wondering if it will arrive one day...

I would say chinese are on par with japanese when it comes to translation...And I don't know any good translator software for chinese
If one is a business, why would they rely on software translators to populate their website with English content? At the price they charge, I think they can afford a real translator. Google Translate is cute when you come across a page you want to read in your language, but a business selling expensive toys?

It gives me the impression that if they go, "oh this translation seems good enough", then I would feel they might apply the same attitude towards their driver productions, "oh, it looks good enough."

I just bought a 50 usd Pentel, which is a very big company in japan (see picture in my post).
Just to tell you that the english on the packaging is an absolut joke. And i am talking about a company producing millions of pens, and famous for doing precise pens for technicals drawings...
So you can guess how a 10-30 people company would be doing...
It's not like they have marketing department, PR, IT etc...it's pretty much a one guy or small team do everything.
The companies that i saw doing ok in english are usually CEO's that got a master, phd whatever abroad like UK/US.

PP3005-1-500x500.jpg

Just to tell you that the english on the packaging is an absolut joke.
Can you really compare the packaging design of a product to the actual measurements of the real product inside?

I mean... they put flowers on the packaging of tissue paper... Do you actually expect to get flowers inside?

As long as they indicate the size of the tip for the pen, they could put pink elephants as packaging for all I care.

But in the case of the Lii drivers, the actual description makes no sense, and it would be like Pentel trying to describe how small the tip is without actually mentioning the size!

All of this is meaningless anyway. I'm sure Lii's biggest market is local, and international market is just an afterthought. So, they don't care about what they write on their website, nor the data that makes no sense regarding their drivers. And distributors have other sets of data for the same driver, and it still makes no sense. It's all very confusing and doesn't inspire confidence.

Yesterday I looked up this coax in Lii's taobao store and there were no technical descriptions nor specs other than that frequency response chart and the data at the bottom of it.

I wasn't considering buying so didn't try to engage custsup. Does anyone have a specific question they would like me to ask?

Last edited: