• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Hi guys,

What frequency is the Kali's MCLK output? Is it the selected clock's direct output (e.g. 45/49 MHz) or some fraction of it (e.g. selected clock / 2 -> 22/24 MHz)?

I ask this because not all DAC chips can handle 45/49 MHz MCLKs...

If it's the direct output, then it would be nice if the v2 board could output MCLK and MCLK / 2 as well, something similar to jlsounds's I2SoverUSB

Direct (buffered) MCLK 44/49

I'm having issues with a 'skip' now and again probably of around 0.7 seconds. It doesn't stop playing like i have lost the i2s lock but misses out the audio completely with now clicks or distortion.
(I've got the Kali mounted on a Pi3 running moode supplied by a regulated PSU with r core. I2s is feeding a DAM 1021 DAC powered by salas PSU's.)
Any idea's?

I'm having issues with a 'skip' now and again probably of around 0.7 seconds. It doesn't stop playing like i have lost the i2s lock but misses out the audio completely with now clicks or distortion.
(I've got the Kali mounted on a Pi3 running moode supplied by a regulated PSU with r core. I2s is feeding a DAM 1021 DAC powered by salas PSU's.)
Any idea's?

Hmm never heard such thing...whitout Kali in chain it works without skips ?

Any idea's?
I have encountered similar issues with the Kali reclocker and DDDAC1794. Skipping but without distortion.
It seems to have gone though after switching from Picoreplayer 3.11 to 3.20beta.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N930F met Tapatalk

I'm a bit late to the party having only recently discovered the Kali and tracked it back to this thread ;) I intend to use it with an RPI and DDDAC bulld that I am putting together at present.

If possible CDSgames could you give an approximate date for the new Kali2 launch, and also indicate what advantages it would bring to my proposed build?

Since I'm still reading through the thread I have not yet come up to speed with all the developments, but I gather there is a plan to add an isolator to the Kali too?

Image of the preproduction board

Attachments

• IMG-20170505-WA0010.jpg
    IMG-20170505-WA0010.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 395