• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Is there any chance of placing the stepped attenuator on opposite side from the input rca's on the Volt + amp. Seems like a great little amp but that spacing is a bit awkward for some implementations, especially for those of us that would like to place it in a little mini chassis.

Is there any chance of placing the stepped attenuator on opposite side from the input rca's on the Volt + amp. Seems like a great little amp but that spacing is a bit awkward for some implementations, especially for those of us that would like to place it in a little mini chassis.

Hi Octavia

We will be offering soon the Volt+ with stepped attenuator or normal pots with wires...you can place wherever you want.

You can disable onboard clock. However with onboard clock disabled the spdif will not work. In such case dac will only work with I2S with MLCK included.
I'm not interested in spdif. The question rather related to wether Kali is compatible with Cubieboard+Runeaudio, as it was targeted primarily for RPI like devices. Just want to be sure there is no incompatibility issue.

I'm not interested in spdif. The question rather related to wether Kali is compatible with Cubieboard+Runeaudio, as it was targeted primarily for RPI like devices. Just want to be sure there is no incompatibility issue.

My understanding is that Allo Kali is generic I2S reclocker with RPI Hat footprint. This means that it fits RPI nicely, however it can work as generic I2S reclocker with any device feeding it with I2S (no MLCK needed). Just you will need to wire it properly with e.g.: Cubieboard.

I found a few subjective pro and cons listening reviews of Kali.
But is there any objective meassurement, like phase noise graph available?
The design lacks the isolator to separate a clean side after the FPGA, and noise of the SBC and the FPGA will be propagated to the DAC. So I'm a bit sceptic wether it has a really excellent output.
I know an isolator can be added before the Kali board, but it is not exactly the same as a more clever design.