• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New FIFO buffer for RPI/SBCs

Will this CRC from Belgium good enough to be used in the terminals of pi 3 b+?
That contact cleaner is fine, you just want to keep the spray away from electrolytic caps (a little overspray is fine but don't hose them down). Disassemble the board stack, stand the boards on edge with the connector at the bottom, spray both the male and female connectors and wait a few minutes, then spray them again and reassemble immediately. It helps the wiping action of the connector if there's still some solvent on it when the connectors are mated.

...e.g. a not starting DAC that I had with my Allo Kali mounted on the Pi. Shaking the housing and restarting solved this issue in most cases..
The standard pi terminals are poor quality - guess in this case also the terminals on the kali board.

well with the release of Katana 1.2. I hope Allo focuses on refining the details of mass production. if these terminals weren't treated with somekind of solution it will screw up device performance. removing this "salt" can be daunting to those who ordered PnP versions of products; they have no time to tinker!
it can cause product returns. It is a hassle also for me to return the product and pay for its shipment back to India. While my USBRIDGE and Digione didn't encounter this issue. Hopefully this can be attributed only to Katana 1.

Hopefully Allo has a way to manage this manufacturing imperfections.

well with the release of Katana 1.2. I hope Allo focuses on refining the details of mass production. if these terminals weren't treated with somekind of solution it will screw up device performance. removing this "salt" can be daunting to those who ordered PnP versions of products; they have no time to tinker!
it can cause product returns. It is a hassle also for me to return the product and pay for its shipment back to India. While my USBRIDGE and Digione didn't encounter this issue. Hopefully this can be attributed only to Katana 1.

Hopefully Allo has a way to manage this manufacturing imperfections.

Hi Marudo

this has nothing to do with Katana , as I said its a know problem with RPI connectors. Its very rare but it happens.

Is this listening tests? If so, I'd be surprised if you get to firm conclusions after a week or so. It usually takes me several weeks (if not months) to decide what my ears like or don't like.

We listen in parallel . Our team and selected individuals are listening to same boards . I think this approach will eliminate some of the subjectivity .

Once we all agree on the improvements we will release for sale.

Is this listening tests? If so, I'd be surprised if you get to firm conclusions after a week or so. It usually takes me several weeks (if not months) to decide what my ears like or don't like.

:rolleyes:

"Several weeks" -- you neither would get any product on the market with these ears, nor you'd listen to many devices or tweaks during lifetime.

I'm not surprised at all. Very focused listening tests (you know what you're looking for) can be conducted within minutes/hours.

Sometimes even several seconds are enough to understand what's going on.

:rolleyes:

"Several weeks" -- you neither would get any product on the market with these ears, nor you'd listen to many devices or tweaks during lifetime.

I'm not surprised at all. Very focused listening tests (you know what you're looking for) can be conducted within minutes/hours.

Sometimes even several seconds are enough to understand what's going on.

That may be true for very obvious issues, in the sense "does it work or is it broken"? The difference between "good" and "really good" certainly takes a bit longer.

The difference between "good" and "really good" certainly takes a bit longer.

Not necessarily. There is a Benchmark DAC-3 here for reference. Using it for A/B comparisons usually makes things go quickly. Recently, due to ear fatigue I waited overnight before listening again, but the next morning differences were immediately apparent.

On the other hand, if there is nothing locally to measure against, then it makes sense that it would take longer to get an average feel for sound quality.