• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i see in this pictures the IC is broken for sure. must be replaced and clean the tracks before soldering the new one.
using the amp on subwoofer only would boost the rails voltage due pumping above the maximum voltage, if the input is not connected 180* out of phase and this is the most probable cause of the damage.
send me your address by mail to send you a new ic, or if you can't fix-it just send it back, and i will repair the board or replace if is too damaged.
when you bought it ? contact me by mail for details.

I am trying to contacto you via email but I am not sure to have right address!?
Could you send me something to ro-bi@siol.net and I will answer?

Thank you,
Robert

I had similar problem with TA2022 (but not one from Connexelectronic) while I was doing some tests with different inputs: having to connect/ disconnect inputs (cinch) quite often, I, for some stupid reasons, decided not to power off the amp each and every time. It worked for a while until I blow up the amp on one channel :eek:
Nothing linked to speakers, load, (volume was very low) or power supply. I believe more due to oscillation :confused:

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I run one coil per one channel so 8 ohms two times

I suspect a possible mistake in Dayton woofer specs

it does say 2x 8ohm
but also Re 3ohm

Dayton SD215-88 8" Shielded DVC Subwoofer

this could atually be 2x 4ohm, each with Re 3ohm
or, Re is measured with paralelled voice coils
but it doesn't say

btw, amp specs say 2x100watt
with 22-24Vac trafo, I suppose this is into 4ohm load
and 2x 60watt in 8ohm

Yeah I noticed that Re was 3ohms but yeah I'm thinking its actually Re 6ohm per coil (which is common for 6ohm drivers) and then measured in parallel.
but Sounds like it probably was the power supply pumping you get when both channels run low frequencies and input is in phase.

were you running both channels in the same phase?
looks like with that board you'd need an extra board to flip the signal on 1 of the channels.

Received fixed amp from Connexelectronic in short time, WITHOUT any charges!
After all I am very happy because it turns out that I was trying to make contact via wrong email.
Thank you, Cristi!
In attachment is picture of system with TA module for sub inside.
For sats are two LM3886 , active crossover and preamp with ECC88

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi col,
thank for suggestion. It seems interesting, found your wiring diagram, is it stil up to date?
The price tag is another question: at the end Cristis BIPS is cheaper than 2 neutriks and the wiring/soldering is already done.
But, of course, i would prefer the DIY approach

Another question: you're using in your minirig one Speaker protection module:
somewhere I've picked up the information that in a bridged Tamp each channel needs his own, since the two grounds cannot be joined, in your scheme you are grounding it on the SMPS/AC ground. Does it work also this way?
I'm confused.

SMPS300R has a differential auxilliary voltage, which can feed the BIPS. the value is proportional with the mail output voltage. i explained here as well: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/conn...d-mode-power-supplies-smps-5.html#post2592116
i'm not getting new post notifications since a while, and i can't see if someone posted unless i check all the time, and with the internet from here.....

Cristi, thank you for the reply.
If i would buy a SMPS300R with aprox. 30V (single) on the primary, wich would be the best V+ V- for the BIPS (45V or 60V)?

Thank you

The BIPS module acctually needs +-12V for proper operation, but when is used with TA3020 amplifiers or similar, it can be powered from higher voltage, such as +-40 to +-60V, on board there are 2 resistors and 2 zenner diodes to limit the voltage to 12V. if the auxilliary output of any smps is used, which provide +-12V or close value, the resistors value can be reduced or even eliminated and supply the board from the aux. directly.

Hi Cristi
I Own 2 pieces of a500SMPS, twice are out. The first one blew when a part of welding make a short (my fault), and the second one was working fine few days, and a day, I suppose my amp start oscillating (strange noise) and the smps fried.
If I send you these two board, can you repair them (making one ok with 2 bad, for exemple)
jack
regards

The BIPS module acctually needs +-12V for proper operation, but when is used with TA3020 amplifiers or similar, it can be powered from higher voltage, such as +-40 to +-60V, on board there are 2 resistors and 2 zenner diodes to limit the voltage to 12V. if the auxilliary output of any smps is used, which provide +-12V or close value, the resistors value can be reduced or even eliminated and supply the board from the aux. directly.

So the BIPS can be supplyed from at unregulated +-24V DC (17,5 to 28V)?

Status
Not open for further replies.