• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cxd400 amplifier module: Connexelectronic

I was interested in the Cxd400 until I saw that the PS rail requirements are extremely tight: +/-62V to +/- 68V! This is 65V +/- 5%, and about the only way to stay within those limits is with an SMPS that has tight regulation around 65V rails. You list the 2000W SMPS with the amp module, but it costs $178.

Any chance that you can offer a 500W SMPS that can be used with ONE of the Cxd400, e.g. in a subwoofer, and is more affordable?

-Charlie

Charlie, to get the stated power, the supply voltage should be within interval. but the module will work with minimum +-56V and max. +-72V. that's because the UVP and OVP threshold is set to aprox that values. this amplifier module can be used with any smps which can provide the required voltage and the power is at least as big as the module power (better, 1.1-1.2 times the amplifier module power).
I don't see the connection between the price of the module and the price of the SMPS2000R. Just because the module cost 1/5 does mean that the smps should cost much less ? one SMPS2000R can supply at least 5 modules in a multi-channel system and yes, we get similar price for the modules as the smps only.
I should remind that this amplifier module offer much more than any competitor product with similar price, and already challenge our production capability, bringing insignificant profit margin. but hey, that's the free market. once the brick is dropped in the water, don't ask why isn't clear anymore...

Off-topic. On another forum i saw someone asking why recently there is a lack of new and interesting products for DIY market, amplifiers, DSP audio circuits and so on. one or the replies was something like that. peoples fighting for cheap bargain pushed the prices below the threshold which any serious company could be interested to invest in creating new and innovative products. If we need cheap, we can do it cheap, but just cheap, that's it. but we still don't want to do it cheap, right ?

Labjr, i reply to all the messages which i get, but recently i do not reply to messages where odd questions or which have the answer in product manuals are asked, longer than one page emails at the end of which one would ask what will be the minimum price and if can get free shipping, or discounts for boards which cost 50 usd all.
I get 60-70, some days over 100 mails except spam, great watches for 9.99, I won a trip to Madagascar, how to claim it, or how to earn 7423 usd per week working at home.... even so, i spend roughly 3-4 sometimes 5 hours replying mails. I spent two days making the layout for CxD300-8R, first day ~3.5 hours, second day ~5 hours, if this comparison mean something.
peoples, please think before sending one, two, three, or one hundred mails or complaining that i do not answer what's the reason.

Noah, the efficiency of the CxD300-8R is over 93% at full power, 77% is an efficiency figure close to well designed class AB amplifiers or class G amplifiers, not even a poor designed class D amplifier, uneless this efficiency figure is given at a very low output power, where the dominant losses are the idle, quiescent losses, which every amplifiers has them.
I try to bring up a broad selection of amplifier modules, both single and dual channel, and the user can decide which one is more suitable based on his needs and the amplifier features. Even the simplest modules still have the basic protections (which many other similar modules do not have, even if some are priced more expensive) such as under-voltage, over-voltage and over-temperature protections.
If someone can consider that these protections are not required, i would ask him how he address an excessive bus pumping issue when the amplifier is supplied from one or two money-well smps which have 1000-2200 uF total capacitance at 63V. and the amplifier another let's say 100-220 uF, altough i saw even less. that mean, at 200W ouptut power, the supply rail will jump up at least 10V when playing normal music and up to 20V when is used for bass only. if the amp is supplied at +-75V and the supply rails will pump 20V each, 5 min. later we will see a new post on forum, asking why the amp smoked out....

Charlie, to get the stated power, the supply voltage should be within interval. but the module will work with minimum +-56V and max. +-72V. that's because the UVP and OVP threshold is set to aprox that values. this amplifier module can be used with any smps which can provide the required voltage and the power is at least as big as the module power (better, 1.1-1.2 times the amplifier module power).
I don't see the connection between the price of the module and the price of the SMPS2000R. Just because the module cost 1/5 does mean that the smps should cost much less ? one SMPS2000R can supply at least 5 modules in a multi-channel system and yes, we get similar price for the modules as the smps only.

Hi Cristi,

Thanks for your thoughts. It's not clear if the voltages that are shown on the product's web page are the ultimate limits (determined by UVP and OVP) or "optimum" voltages. I had assumed the former... I had assumed that only the SMPS200R could be used, and it would be overkill to use that and only one of these amp modules, which is what I want to do. If one of the other SMPS modules can be used, this will be a great mono amp package!

-Charlie

Whoops

2/ Does this board have Japanese brand electrolytic capacitors supplied?
3/ Does this board use resistors with copper leads? or cheap ones with thin metal leads (and thin sound).

I know your board is very well priced. I am just trying to compare apples with apples.

Thanks

Jeez.... I thought this thread was ripped off already along with all my useful posts from my seller's section :D Accidentally I saw it now.

2channel:
1. yes and no. on the TA3020v3k I implemented a low pass filter on the input to prevent nasty things happening when the amp is driven with input signal with high freq. and high amplitude component.
2. yes, brand new and original ones, not like some ebayers sell the amps with fake caps or replaced sleeve. capacitors brand and type depends on the batch.
3. some resistors have copper terminals, most of them are iron/copper/*whatever* alloy. It is more important the material from which the resistive part is made than the terminals. I consider that the difference in sound due to a pure copper terminal resistor to an alloy resistor will be similar as the sound difference due to colour difference of the speaker wire sleeve. :D I'm sorry, I just don't believe in subjective audiophile stories. I've seen many noisy, poor quality carbon resistors with copper legs which change their value with temperature, and I also saw good quality metal film resistors with iron legs. Add to this that TA3020 amps are still switching amps, class T or D.

LinuksGuru:
I have made a project using HiperLCS and HiperPFS for a customer, that particular project is not for sale on the website. Any particular interest in this family of IC's ? they are the smallest integrated solution but overall cost is higher due to special requirements for the very high freq transformer and efficiency is not that high as similar ones.

Hi Cristi,

I have a pre-sale question. I am interested in using two TA3020v4b amplifiers per side (4 total) for PA use. On one side of the PA will contain two TA3020v4b amps which will be mounted in the mouth of a Tapped Horn loaded sub, with no confinement of an enclosure and lots of air flow. One of the amps will be bridged to power a 15" 8 ohm 1000 watt speaker. The second amp will be used in stereo to power a 12" 8 ohm mid/bass speaker on one side of the amp and a 1" 8 ohm compression drive on the other side of the amp. I will be using a mini DSP for crossover and EQ. Crossover values will be 100 hz. and 1k hz.

Do you have any recommendations, concerns, or input?

Best Regards,

I replied to the same question by email, in any case I will repeat here, it might be interesting for others too.

TA3020v4b is more suitable for so called audiophile amplifiers. For PA amplifiers this amplifier Connexelectronic supplied from this smps Connexelectronic are more suitable. One power supply with output set to +-72V can be used to supply two amplifier modules. one amplifier module will be used in BTL mode to drive the subs (1000W 8R) and the second amplifier's each channel can be used to drive the mids and high.

Martin,

The IRS2092 amplifier kits can deliver up to 800W on 4R if supplied at around +-92V and proper cooling is used. The current heatsinks replaced with a heatslug, separate supply for driver and IC input stage, and the output inductor and capacitor replaced as well as few other resistors must be replaced. Overall there are too many changes to be done by a hobbyist and I prefer more conservative power levels in exchange for reliability. Being a kit which the hobbyist must assembly himself is not a very good idea to push the performances at maximum.
I know that there are many boards around which claim that can produce even more power, (remember the thread with IRS2092 6KW amplifier or some particular board sold on fleabey, supplied at +-50V and claim that produce 350W on 4R). One should check the recommended supply voltage and the declared output power on the given load impedance and make a simple calculation to verify if the board specs are real.

Cristi, thanks very much for the quick response, the info and your feedback.

I have an +-80V supply and would like to to get four channels of amplification from it but the IRS2092S Kit can only be ordered up to 500W (+-72V). The IRS2092 Stereo Amplifier is listed in a 700W version (+-80V to +-92V) but I prefer to assemble & test my own kits and save some money if possible.

Can you sell a 700W Kit (+-80V to +-92V) ?

Good morning Cristi.
Are you the same guy that sale the conexelec on ebay?
I would like to get some. I this the same way or you are a different way for supply?
For the lazy cat VSSA 400watt -45+45, they recommend one per channel but maybe with a 500Watt is enough for both channels.
Thanks in advance

Martin,
let's wait and see. if there are some other request too, I will prepare a new version with 700W output power. It will require custom made heatslug and some components values changed.

Dady,
No, I do not sell on fleabay, since ebay screw me up couple of years ago I'm done with them. Steinar From HiFiMediy have an ebay shop where sale some of our products along with their.
For some countries is more convenient to buy from him or distributors, especially due to shipping cost and shipping time. They have stock oversea and can ship much faster and cheaper. We only ship with SE post and Singapore post as well as DHL for large orders. None of them are cheap, and only DHL is fast, but we have 100% certitude that the parcels arrive and are traceable all the way since they are registered few days-one week after posted.
We do not ship with china post, HK post or cheap cheap bulk airmail like some wholesale sellers usually do, because of the high percentage of lost parcels and lack of tracking. We had enough troubles with shipping to take this decision. Our product value is much higher than some sold for $1.99 including shipping and if happens to lose parcel or not arrive in time it is very frustrating on both sides. And if there's no tracking number, we never know for sure what actually happens.

For the latest reseller list check the link: Connexelectronic add Hifimediy to list. I suggest to buy only from resellers and distributors which we recognized, any similar boards which are purchased from some other sources or vendors might not be what they claim to be. One of our old contractor which made for us some amplifier boards and power supplies before we decided to produce all-in house is selling some extra-boards on a famous website and claim to be us. We offer no support at all for any boards which are bought from other sources than from us and our resellers and distributors for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.