• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NEW Audio amplifier kits, modules and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,Cristi I would like to know if the iraudamp7 class D amplifer in 500 watts version is 500 watts in 4 ohms or 8 ohms and if your A1000SMPS could drive this version of the amplifier.
Thanks.

the IR7 500W is on 4 ohms impendance. can be used with the smps, but with higher output voltage smps transformer to provide +-70V DC. this can be done, i have this kind of transformers too.

Hi Cristi,

I am looking for different 22R output resistors for the TA3020 V2 board. Will 5W types be sufficient? You response will be appreciated -thx in advance.

18 - 20R at 3 to 5W is fine. i used 3W model without any problem, but if you are going to use the amplifier to play music with large content of high frequencies you might consider to use even higher power rating, 10 - 15W resistor. a good choice can be the LTO or RTO series from Vishay http://www.vishay.com/docs/49243/sg2052.pdf they can be mounted on the heatsink for better thermal performace.

Hi Cristi,
You have a pm

i sent reply

Hello Cristi,
I write you everything arrived to me 3 days ago. All perfect!
I'm now building one amp with the V3b, but I have just some questions:

1. From the main power supply I measure 100V: is it correct or it has to be 50V DC?
  2. From the aux power supply I measure 9V: is it good to use with Speaker Protection Circuit (I remember you was talking about 12V DC)?
  3. And about the BIPs, which DC does it need?
  4. You wrote me the SMPS is good enough for every accessory, but I'm not sure about DC, colud you help me?

Thanks a lot,
Giancarlo

Hello Giancarlo

the output voltage is differential, +-50V so between + or - and GND will be 50V and between - and + will be 100V. the aux. voltage can be adjusted within 4 - 16V from the small potentiometer on the edge of the board. use a multimeter to adjust the value at 12V. note that for values above 10V you may need to have a minimum load of 5-10W on the main supply, so that the smps will work in continuous mode. this isn't a problem, because the quiescent power required by any amp would be in this range.
BIPS can be powered with differential voltage from +-20 to +-55V. it has regulator on board.

be very careful when you install and use the smps !!!!! there are dangerous voltage levels present on the board.
DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN IS POWERED ON AND AFTER POWER OFF, WAIT AT LEAST 3 MIN. TO DISCHARGE THE CAPACITORS BEFORE TOUCHING THE BOARD.

Hello Giancarlo

the output voltage is differential, +-50V so between + or - and GND will be 50V and between - and + will be 100V. the aux. voltage can be adjusted within 4 - 16V from the small potentiometer on the edge of the board. use a multimeter to adjust the value at 12V. note that for values above 10V you may need to have a minimum load of 5-10W on the main supply, so that the smps will work in continuous mode. this isn't a problem, because the quiescent power required by any amp would be in this range.
BIPS can be powered with differential voltage from +-20 to +-55V. it has regulator on board.

be very careful when you install and use the smps !!!!! there are dangerous voltage levels present on the board.
DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN IS POWERED ON AND AFTER POWER OFF, WAIT AT LEAST 3 MIN. TO DISCHARGE THE CAPACITORS BEFORE TOUCHING THE BOARD.

Thanks a lot, I didn't remember about +/- 50V (what is doing my brain??? :confused:)
For BIPS so it's possible to use it with main power ,using parallel connection.
Don't worry about SMPS, I know it could be VERY DANGEROUS!!!

Thanks a lot,
Giancarlo

Transformer

I purchased (4) TDA892x Amp V2 with TDA8924TH, and 10000uf 35v capacitors.
I plan on bridging 3 of them to run my L,R, and center speakers at 4ohms.
The other one I will run in stereo for my 8 ohm surround speakers.

Cristi recommended "2x18 to 2x20V AC , the current should be at least 4A, better 5A. the transformer power rating for each module should be at least 180W."

Can I use 1 of these transformers to power two of the modules,, two transformers to power 4 modules?

Antek - AN-2220 ?

Would it be better to use separate transformers for each module?

I purchased (4) TDA892x Amp V2 with TDA8924TH, and 10000uf 35v capacitors.
I plan on bridging 3 of them to run my L,R, and center speakers at 4ohms.
The other one I will run in stereo for my 8 ohm surround speakers.

Cristi recommended "2x18 to 2x20V AC , the current should be at least 4A, better 5A. the transformer power rating for each module should be at least 180W."

Can I use 1 of these transformers to power two of the modules,, two transformers to power 4 modules?

Antek - AN-2220 ?

Would it be better to use separate transformers for each module?

OOPS! that link should have been for the AN-4220 400va transformer
Antek - AN-4220

Hi Cristi,
You have a pm !

Does the TDA8920 chip require isolation ( mica) from the heat sink ?

Cheers,
Ashok.

between the ic and heatsink must place insulation. the ic pad is connected to negative rail.

Hi Cristi,
The link for LME amp, soft start and the speaker protection circuit appear impaired.
Can you repair them please as I need info to wire them up
thanks

kp93300

it should work now, please try again

The TDA892X is slightly thinner than the Bridge rectifier on the board. This will enable placing an insulating washer between the chip and the heatsink. What sort of insulator. Silicone or mica sheet ?

Thanks.

both of them are ok, as long as they make a tight contact and you add some silicone electrically non-conductive compound.

Cristi, what class D/T board would you recommend to connect directly to a high sensitivity (110db/w/m) driver to avoid hiss? TDA892X?

I notice earlier in this thread you mention a 2kw smps, is that happening? What voltages would it supply?
Is there a fan output on the A1000SMPS? Does it need any precautions to reduce EMI?

Thanks

for lowest noise i recommend TDA892x boards.
i'm currently working at the design of the bigger smps. there will be few output voltage options, starting from +-25V to +-90V.
the A1000SMPS has a auxiliary voltage output adjustable from 5 to 12V with max. 0.5A which can be used for a fan or other amplifier stages. it's ground is isolated from the main output supply, so can be used as bias supply referenced to any rail or gnd.

ta3020v3c

Hi CNX, what changes have been made to the TA3020v3c version? Would you recommend the smps1000 for this amp? Are any other components required besides these two things? Also would you still recommend the BIPS (180 phase shift) for this amp?

Another question... somebody earlier mentioned changing the mos-fets on the 3020 boards to IRFP4228 for higher output and cooler running... could you do that?

Is it possible to modify the input gain of TDA892x V2 board via pot? I'm not sure if the datasheet applies to this version of the board.

Thanks
the gain can be changed only externally, attenuation with potentiometer. the TDA892x IC's has fixed gain which cannot be changed (not very simple)
the manual is similar with the previous version, the boards are based on the same schematic, only the layout is changed.

Hi CNX, what changes have been made to the TA3020v3c version? Would you recommend the smps1000 for this amp? Are any other components required besides these two things? Also would you still recommend the BIPS (180 phase shift) for this amp?

Another question... somebody earlier mentioned changing the mos-fets on the 3020 boards to IRFP4228 for higher output and cooler running... could you do that?
on the TA3020v3c i added speaker protection circuit, bigger capacitors for the power supply (35mm diameter) and rectifier bridge. the amplifier can be used with smps as well, and the bridge can be removed in this case. BIPS can be used if the supply voltage is close to the upper limit, +-60V to prevent turning ON/OFF when the voltage boost over the maximum limit.
this board can be used in BTL mode directly even without BIPS, by simply connecting one resistor which will bring inverted signal from the output of one channel AO to the input of the other channel AO.
the MOS-FET's can be changed, with IRFB4227 which is one of the best in his class, the efficiency will be improved a little but the output power is still limited to the maximum rail voltage which the IC can admit, so there will be slight changes on the output power.

Attachments

• DSC07137.JPG
    DSC07137.JPG
    172.5 KB · Views: 415
  • DSC07140.JPG
    DSC07140.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 393
Status
Not open for further replies.