New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
I ordered some prototype boards today, and they should arrive to Mark on Friday. He will assist in building the first prototype unit with the boards, and if all works out well, I will submit the order for the production boards soon.

Link to Wiki for this project:
http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=miniALEPH+PCB+Group+Buy

Details on the power supply board to come soon.

--
Brian

Details on the power supply board to come soon.
Regarding the softstart circuit: Wouldn't it be a good idea to make it a bit overkill so it can be used in bigger amps?
How many amperes are you designing it handle?
I for one, would like to have one in the A-X 100 I am working on ;) And I figure it would be usefull for some other DIY'ers too.:)

Steen.

Joined 2002
Re: Max power

vinay said:
What is the max power (@ how many volts) w/ all six mosfets. I have heat sinking;)

Can this be scaled with additional mosfets?

Thanks,

vinay

The amplifier can be scaled for any number of devices. If you look at the service manuals on the Pass Labs website, you should be able to get an idea of the required power supply voltages and the output power:
http://www.passlabs.com/downloads.htm

The suggested application with 6 mosfets is based on the Aleph30, with +/- 25v rails, creating 30w.into 8 ohms and 40w into 4 ohms. The mini-A application with +/- 15v rails should give about 10w with a single output device per side, which was the main focus of this project, before the output devices were added to the layout.

The mini-A thread is here:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2001
(seems hard to search for using any normal terms, but you can always find it by searching for Austin Power or alternately Dr. Evil, due to Grey's reference on the first post)

--
Brian

A note to all ordering boards on the WIKI....

Brian called me today to let me know that the 2 test boards will be at my place on Friday. I'll post pics of the blank boards and then a day or so later the finished boards. A day or two later, probably Sunday or Monday night I will post distortion/power output specs. as well as the distortion spectrum. so p[lease check back!!

Mark

Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
A note to all ordering boards on the WIKI....

Brian called me today to let me know that the 2 test boards will be at my place on Friday. I'll post pics of the blank boards and then a day or so later the finished boards. A day or two later, probably Sunday or Monday night I will post distortion/power output specs. as well as the distortion spectrum. so p[lease check back!!

Mark

Thanks a bunch for doing this test for us : O ) put lots of pics up on the briangt gallery : O )

Jason

Joined 2002
Mark A. Gulbrandsen said:
The boards ARE scheduled for delivery to me tommrrow. Check Brian's picture page tommrrow night and over the wekend for updates! I'm looking forword to this project!

Mark

Images will be posted in the gallery that I created here:
http://www.briangt.com/gallery/miniALEPH-prototype

Mark: Thanks again for your help! I look forward to see how this project will work out.

--
Brian

Leaman,

Thats ok, but Brian will expect an order from you for no less than 100 boards:bigeyes: .

Tommrrow morning I will cut the boards apart on the band saw at work. Fortunately I have most parts available from my own stock here at home but a trip to Ra-Elco is in order tommrrow morning to get just a few missing parts.....

Check back tommrrrow night for Episode 2:.... "The trip to Ra-Elco" and a follow up late Sunday Morning: "Assembly So Far"
I doubt that neither will win any awards but it will be fun anyway!
Mark

I donno Leaman, I already have alot of stuff in my place, donno if I need any more.......... I should be sending you something..... I think there might be some radioarctive stuff on that upper shelf:eek: .

Mark

Attachments

• salt lake instrument 026 copy.jpg
    salt lake instrument 026 copy.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,547
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.