New Aleph Mini PCB GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Allright...

I built an F5 from Peter's boards. I originally tried a 300VA 18V toroid and it was a little anemic - I then acquired a 600VA 18 toroid - a heavy mother...

So I transplanted the 300VA unit into the aleph mini referenced above. It is dead silent and all I can say is that I think it can shoop da whoop as good as the F5. I read about 390mv across the source resistors with .235 resistance.

The heatsinks are HOT...I read about 60C and could barely touch them for a few seconds. It sounds good enough to get a 3U case and use the 2U for a proper preamp case.

when you get a case, make sure the fins are going the up and down direction not sideways, ALSO allow some air to get into the chassis and out the top or back for the parts inside, some chassis's don't have breather holes in bottom or top.

I'm working on my B1 pre-amp in a few weeks too :) have a sweet case coming out, a friend owns a machine shop :)

cjkpkg, is that you that emailed me a few days ago for the BOM for the psu & a-mini's ?

sanity check

After having a set of boards sat around for far too long, I've finally got around to making my mini a. After having waded through a sizeable chunk of this thread I'm only left with a couple of questions. (at the moment:rolleyes:)

My transformer has 6 * 12V outputs, is it better to split them into 2 banks of three (each set paralleled) or just use a couple of the outputs (will this derate the transformer)? The transformer is rated at 300VA.

I am using briangt boards. C5 is rated at 1nF. Unfortunately, i've ended up with 10nF panasonic ecg caps. I do have a pair of WIMA FKP 1000pF caps. So, can I use the panasonic caps, somehow fit the WIMA caps, or go shopping.

I have fired up my power supply and have no-load voltages of +16.13V and -16.13V, which suggests it is working fine:p
Thanks in advance for your help
Del

Last edited:
Huh!? Did BrianGT stop running chipamp.com? :eek: Since when, and why?

LONG time ago, its very hard to talk to him and JOE! ive sent so many emails etc etc, added him to facebook to talk to joe, and well it's useless.

i'm not to sure why he sold/ gave away chipamp.com but what ever he did the service has gone down hill, and the support sucks now.

Personally, i pushed and influenced Brian for the psu boards and some other stuff, asking for a small discount on a set of psu boards and all i got back was "hi, whats's your question"

NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH this service now!

To my knowledge in the past few years Brian has graduated, gotten married and has a full time job. Not commenting on current service but it has been my experience that hobbies tend to take a back seat to the "new" priorities of life.

I am certain that Brian maintains his professionalism even if his service has changed from outstanding to standard. It is his personality type.

His YEARS of service and reputation definitely carries him through any temporary transitions.

To my knowledge in the past few years Brian has graduated, gotten married and has a full time job. Not commenting on current service but it has been my experience that hobbies tend to take a back seat to the "new" priorities of life.

I am certain that Brian maintains his professionalism even if his service has changed from outstanding to standard. It is his personality type.

His YEARS of service and reputation definitely carries him through any temporary transitions.

Very true, he should have given it to some one who could perform the functions quality and service he gave tho.

Brian, really no longer does any thing for the chipamp.com stuff maybe a post or 2 every few months. That's about it.

Brian, really no longer does any thing for the chipamp.com stuff maybe a post or 2 every few months. That's about it.

If that is indeed the case then a simple request for him to confirm would clarify the issue.

Not implying that it has, BUT IF the current service level is falling below "standard" he may want to know about it so he can dis-associate his name and excellent reputation from the current operator.

If that is indeed the case then a simple request for him to confirm would clarify the issue.

Not implying that it has, BUT IF the current service level is falling below "standard" he may want to know about it so he can dis-associate his name and excellent reputation from the current operator.

Do you know how hard it is to email or talk to brian ? Good luck with this, ive emailed him and JOE about the same problem over and over and over.

Not complaining about helping people, but i sent a few emails to brian & joe about changing chipamp.com for the BOM for the psu & aleph boards. Never got a reply back at all. Sent many many emails, i know he is getting them because he responded to one about purchasing a board.

I also have both brians email addresses *( personal ones ) and still no responses, he's on my facebook too, never reply's etc etc, He can't be that busy to send a few emails to his valued customers & other friends.

j'

Hi @all,

I just finished my first Aleph Mini! It works great and has an Offset of 29 mV. Next weekend it will move to a good enclosure. Right now it is mounted on a wooden shelf.

While I was assembling the Mini-Aleph I was setting up the Offset of my Aleph J. It is now 0,0mV to 5,0 mV. I think that's ok!

PSU mini Aleph

hello to all the forum!:cheers:
I recently purchased from the website chipamp, a complete set of PCB to create a mini aleph, but I have a problem:confused:, that is on the site has published the list components on the amplifier section, but can not find information on the implementation of Section PSU;
you are so kind to show me the list of components for PSU, that I use?
thank you very much

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.