Mythbusters, let's detonate some foolishes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am making reserve of the title, as i intend to produce this thread that will use schematics with suggestions with parts replacement, allowing you to observe if really made some audible difference.

Quasi complementary and full complementary
Electrolitic condensers in power supply...size, capacitance
The bypass....the snubbers during audio reproduction
The input capacitor
The input impedance
The Miller capacitor
Stop resistors
The mirrored circuit and the non mirrored
The VAS with mirror or without it
The unballanced and ballanced differential

Also the audio cables sonics (have they?)
Also that one amplifier stand over a sofa will sound different if you place it in the floor (ridiculous?...maybe not)

Well...i would like to explore those things, as i have made many testings about.

I will observe the interest if you enter the thread, the hits, the suggestions, the critics...and so on i will decide to dive deeply in the subject.

Not to believe things because Mr. Belton...Mr Incredible....Mr.Blamefest...Mr.Heaven.....SAID.....test them with your own ears.....spend some time that will result in knowledge to you...check if those things affect your years...or if those things are only for "scopers"....or things to be repeated by the "pirate's parrots"

There' a lot of full ships....a lot of crazy things that can fill one big ship till the top (hehe)

regards,

Carlos

I would like to see people concluding by themselves, making some experiences

Because only doing it that people will believe.

There's a lot of Mythmasters....i am not and do not want to be that one.

One experience is simple....remove you input condenser...the small value, because of input impedance...and now install a 220 uf electrolitic condenser in it's place....listen

What is the conclusion...for sure it will be the same as mine.

the problem is that people go believing and never try to test those things to conclude by themselves....this way, the land is good to rise Myths.

Doing this in a single channel....and ask someone to work the ballance for you (not you...never do that...we love to fool ourselves!)..... install your speakers one over the other...or one aside the other.... one channel with the monster capacitor...other one with the adequated, calculated, reasonable capacitor....hehe...check your audition...and tell me if this image appeared in your mind when the ballance operator inform you the terrible, awfull true!

hehe...life use to be splendid.... and our wife is not the most beautifull woman in this world...we are not so beautifull as we imagine...people do not perceive us so kind as we hope for.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• detonation.jpg
    detonation.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,074
Yeah.....yes and no....but informations are valuable...very good

The capacitor remotion result is something we are waiting for....but the Integrated regulator sounding better is a very interesting Myth you are confirming.

That those LM use to sound better...hummmm...good that.... and confirm what a Croatian friend told me during comparison testings.

regards,

Carlos

Here is another one...my TDA1543 NOS DAC...
This power supply cap (usually 10uF to 100uF) everybody on this forum put ''as close as possible'' to TDA1543 +V (5)leg (how do you call it - decoupling cap?)...
one day I just removed it and there was no loss in low end and mids and hights are now cleaner and more liquid.
Regards

Great Igla!....i have removed the big electrolitic condenser from my amplifier..it

was near the output colector as people use to say that will be good.

Sound was more opened..more brigth without the electrolitic condenser.

Life is beautifull...booom for those Myths...well...they may work under special conditions..hehe...very special conditions.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• detonationa.jpg
    detonationa.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 814
Great Igla!....i have removed the big electrolitic condenser from my amplifier..it

was near the output colector as people use to say that will be good.

Sound was more opened..more brigth without the electrolitic condenser.

Life is beautifull...booom for those Myths...well...they may work under special conditions..hehe...very special conditions.

regards,

Carlos

Here is another one...
So...you have some nice speaker cables...OFC cooper or pure silver wires...
but...look at the picture...
5cm of brass at the amp side and 5cm of brass at the speakers side....Does this make sence?
Check Google...I bet you can't find brass wires with good review regarding sound.
Loose the brass binding posts and try for yourselves - the sound goes for the better.
Regards

Attachments

• prikljucki_1.jpg
    prikljucki_1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 546
Re: Ahahaha...people has the capacity to sell refrigerators for North Pole people

destroyer X said:
Or for North Sweden and North Alaska...during the winter...ahahahaha!
that was nice....copper at the extremes...hehe
regards,Carlos

Here is one variant we have.
Made In Sweden = SUPRA by http://www.jenving.se/

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Supra Boxcon

lineup
PS. Think I got some virus into my PC today.
In one folder is a new file called: Electric_trio.sun
Anybody knows if this is a dangerous file????. DS

I have read somewhere that you have to make things strong not to vibrate inside the

amplifier....that was great...maybe not to disturb electrons..they may feel alike drunk in there.

The Electric Trio, Sunday, february eleventh was ME that have uploaded to you...to FTP or something and also to your direct mail.

Was a big truck with music that passed here, in my building's back side....people using girls dresses...the Virgins of Candeias...very funny...i made a slide motion video and i have sent you.

I hope you have enjoyed.....you have a lot of joy in your life.

Today i have made several big changes in my amplifier...and the sound still the same..... this is very common....but people do not compare a modified amplifier with the reference one.... so...they decided by their taste that the amplifier changes was always positive...interesting...very rare to be negative..hehe...MYTH.

People had fun yesterday Lineup.... this one in the middle... a Box figther...called Hercules Terminator Apolo...yesterday was called as "Shirley" and sent many kisses to you...ahahahahha!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• hercules terminator apolo (shirley).jpg
    hercules terminator apolo (shirley).jpg
    69 KB · Views: 457
Hello Carlos etal,

<mod hat off>

I enjoy these threads because it allows us to vent our frustrations without highjacking a thread with our opinion.

One of my pet peeves is the transmission of signal from amplifier to voice coil. All the different steps and terminations along the way from the two sets of binding posts, to the wire, to bi-wiring to the XO and all it components and soldering including carbon, copper, brass, tin/lead, steel and aluminum, just to complete the circuit.

It all seems a bit strange that people will spend oodles of hard earned dollars on speaker cables and fittings that may or may not alter the sound let alone improve it yet they find the most convenient spot for the speakers rather than the best spot in the room, which IMHO is second only to the quality of the speakers themselves.

I just don't get it.

Sorry Carlos, I know this isn't about caps. I think I just needed to vent. I feel better now. ;)

<mod hat back on>

And to add to Cal's post....
I'll toss in -Power cables and sockets-

People will spend huge amounts on power cables,for the newest OFC uber-cable....And "forget" about the crummy wire between the outlet,and their breaker box....or the wire from the box to the street..Then there's the nasty Pole-pig,and *MILES* of (aluminum) wire back to the substation.

Somehow that 6 foot cable makes all the difference....
Never mind the miles and miles of crummy wire,and bad connections between your house and the power plant.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.