MySqueezebox.com shutting down

So the biggest issue seems to be for Deezer/Tidal users then. I use Deezer hi-fi family, and am really happy with the quality, as well as the app. I don't like Spotify and Qobuz is not available in my country.

The only option I could come up with to keep going after 1 Feb, is to install DLNA plug-ins on LMS and then use a product called Airplay on Android. This works, but I suspect (hi-fi) quality suffers compared to the Deezer plugin.

I hope a solution can be found that provides the same experience without dependency on the msb servers - but it seems like for that to happen, Deezer need to come to the party and they are not interested / capable / does not make business sense.

My Squeeze Box radio is still working will it work at the end of this month I'm able to get the presets but not the favorites. I don't understand Some are saying you have to have a computer on all the time after loading software.
My question is will I be able to use my radio alone after making the upgrade of the software without the computer
or will it go off completely? does my upgrade FROM UAE RADIO TO SQUEEZEBOX automatically connect to a local server without the use of a computer?

Whenever you are listening the computer will have to be on and running LMS. The "Local Server" is your computer.
Someone will have to start selling raspberryPIs that are all setup to run LMS. It isn't that complicated of an install process and they use very little power.
I saw a thread about someone trying to run LMS on android too.

Apparently there is some hope: A new plugin ;-D

https://forums.slimdevices.com/forum/user-forums/general-discussion/1668568-tidal-deezer-pandora

Me switching to Cobuz anyways...

//
I just installed Pyrrha, it is somewhat limited Pandora support so far; but a huge improvement over no support.

I'm doing a free trail of Qobuz. While much of it is impressive, I often prefer the easy to find genres on Pandora. Their genre categories often play the same songs every time but they are quick and easy for background music. They are the perfect lazy "play some late night jazz" option.

Nah, Pyrrha (daughter of Pandora) is brand new, user created plugin and it can already play nearly a hundred favorited items from a Pandora account locally with LMS. I think it will only get better with time.
Qobuz can play anything through LMS, it is just a learning curve for a different streaming service.
And my 400+ albums will continue to work flawlessly.
I already have a PC running for security cameras so having LMS on it is easy. And I've also got it on a Pi Zero 2 W.

I have 4 SB Touches connected to a variety of amps in different rooms through external DACs and 2 SB Radios; synched up and all controlled easily with a remote, a phone, a tablet or a computer. It is really hard to beat that. I'm thinking of doing a raspberryPi with a 7" touch screen to use the material skin interface on the main system. The Material Skin interface is slick.

Having started with Squeezeboxes back when the company was Slim Devices, in the early 2000s (when people would actually say 'why do you want to have music streaming wirelessly around your house when you can just plug in an ipod?) I'm amazed at how people have stepped up over the years to keep adding features. It is just plain crazy that 10 years after Logitech stopped making them the LMS software and touch interface is highly competitive with anything else offered today.

Last edited:
Don't get your hopes up too much.... There's been quite a flurry of activity on LMS since the shutdown announcement, and Logitech has extended the server shutdown deadline to facilitate things. The new schedule is March 19....
For those who haven't been following the forum threads too closely, there's a new plug in, which will allow Tidal to continue to work post-shutdown, and it looks like Deezer may have a new lease on life as well. Like Zim, I'm a long time Squeeze user, and am still rocking 6 Squeeze devices. It's been really inspiring to see the activity and dedication from the open source community, to get these updates done, so we can continue to use them!

Reactions: 2 users
From what I understand, no... Without a local computer running LMS, the radio will cease working. It won't affect me much, as I have always had a local computer running LMS. But my use is more for streaming my own CD collection from that sever, not for listening to internet radio. In fact, I only got a Spotify account about a year ago, but have been running LMS since 2006 (!) time flies!

Reactions: 1 user
Fear Not! I've had good luck with this plugin - Tidal Plugin for LMS. There's a bit of setup involved - I needed to do it on my PC, phone screen too small. After posting the link from the green "Code" tab on the GitHub page to the box at the bottom of the LMS -> Plugins tab you then have to find and tick the box for "Tidal Plugin for LMS, does not depend on Squeezebox" and click Apply. Maybe another step or 2, but I figured it out, you can too!

the Apps tab is gone but if you use the search function there's still a Tidal tab.

Now to figure out the Pandora without LMS plugin...

w

Last edited: