MySqueezebox.com shutting down

Logitech has just announced that they are shutting down MySqueezebox.com next month. Their players can still work with a local music library but they won't be able to access streaming services.

I'm curious if someone in the community will come up with a workaround for the different services.

As much of a bummer for users of their streamers, it is impressive that they kept it running for over 11 years after they stopped making the streamers.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Not all - the Tidal plugin function will be gone with MySB. Spotify plugin etc will continue to work as it does not relay on MySB....com.

I just switched to Qobuz - transfered my data - I actually experience a higher quality sound compared to Tidal. Might be an illusion but it seems to stick. SQ or not - the UI is so much better that by itself is a compensation for the 1,5€ dearer price per mo.

I also found the Materials skin for my LMS and my music life just became 2,37x better... ;-D

//

Reactions: 1 users

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
The services that rely on MySB...com will be gone - no matter what (well, if no one else will take it up but thats a really slim chance). But for the rest of all features, you can load LMS on your PiCoreplayer Pi and continue to do what you did.

//

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2008
Paid Member
Long live LMS!

Qobuz sound quality is indeed great. The difference between 320k ogg Spotify and 800+k flac Qobuz is remarkable.

soundiiz is a valuable service for transferring and synchronizing playlists between different streaming services. I use it to go back and forth between Spotify and Qobuz.

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
For sure. I didn't understand that the transfer function was included - I used some I found on the net that was limited to 500 items - but that gave a good spring clean of my Tidal music... ;)

The meta data handling of Materials skin + Quboz is a great improvement over Tidal. Not to mention the search function - thats a scandal on Tidal... and a joy on Q.

//

've ssembled rpi + fifopi stack to stream using lms+pcp+deezer only recently, as a better alternative to bluos, isn't it ironic? )))

Is my understanding correct, that you still can stream qobuz via lms without mysqweezbox? At least, this is what I've got from this thread, guys.

With the necessary plugins, all streaming services will continue to be available. Head over to the LMS forums and have a look around:

https://forums.slimdevices.com/
I don't see anything for using Pandora locally. Someone may write one but for now I'm regretting going with the long term subscription on Pandora.

It is funny, I just started really using the streaming on it regularly a few months ago. I guess I can try Quboz or Spotify.

LMS is such a great system and was about a decade ahead of its time. Being able to control the music with a remote, touch screen, phone app, windows app, or just a browser is so great. So far only the NAD M10 has that combination and it is $2,500 so a bit expensive to put in every room

Last edited:
So I've been using SB because it was the first free one i could get to work. I have a RPI 3A+ with a DAC hat, running LMS. I stream Pandora and Tidal. I control the music with Squeezer on my phone.

Will the impending SB server shutdown mainly affect folks using the OG hardware, who don't have the ability to run LMS? Like, am I good?

But... hmmm, you will ned a LMS i.e. a local server running on a computer... You have to have Logitech Media Server installed and running in you house... just to be clear... Seems quite a few users out there used just a SB to listen to music - this will not be possible anymore...

//
Time to sell these preloaded with LMS
1706457173491.png

Reactions: 2 users
Really bad news. :cry: I am still using MySqueezebox.com everyday!
It is a pity that there has never been a real successor to the Squeezebox Touch or no other company stepped in when they stopped the production in 2012.
Nothing comparable is on the market today: cheap price, display, standalone operation, remote control, ...

Reactions: 1 user
The different access/control methods are what really set the system apart. It is nice to not have to get my phone, open an app, etc. just to do something with the music; when I can just use a remote or the touch screen on the player. The remotes with the favorites button are the best.

It is really sad that 10 years ago they were ahead of most products that are out today. When they came out people didn't understand streaming audio or playing your digital files all over the house. They had different music options for every room that connected and played together before people knew they wanted it. And they were affordable enough you could put them all over the house.

I know it didn't fit Logitech's business model of high volume stuff but, like you said, I wish someone had either taken it over or created their own version when it was discontinued.

I have 5 touches and 2 radios and I wish I'd held onto my original Slimdevices Squeezebox.

I also still have one Logitech Alert camera that I use, which is another thing that they were just too early with. Now everyone is using cameras around their home. And another one where their interface is still better than many today. And their old camera even works with BlueIris by its IP address.

I agree Zim, the Slim guy's were ahead of the curve! I remember looking at their solution vs Sonos, back in the day, before deciding to give the SB3 a try. What sold me was the prospect of a, then un-released, high end box, in the form of the Transporter. Today, I have 2 Transporters, 2 Touches, and 2 SB3's, all hooked up and ready for use. and use they get!
Fortunately, all that's being lost is 3-4 streaming services. The rest of the system should continue to work for now....