MySqueezebox.com shutting down

I have no experience with LMS and I don't know what a title plug-in is all I know is that I bought the Squeeze Box radio and I want to use the radio alone without a computer and I was hoping that I would still be able to do this for the last several weeks I've only been able to use the presets on The Squeeze Box I cannot access favorites but I can push the knob in when I'm listening to a station and then it gives me options and I'm able to bring up other stations that I can listen to

I'm in the same position as Atory. I bought what I thought was a radio [squeezebox radio], used it as a radio for 14 yrs, and now it turns out I didn't buy a radio at all. In fact I bought... well, I'm not quite sure what I bought but I don't think it should ever have been described as a radio because it's clear now it's actually something else. I don't want to run a local server / software either. Logitech have literally stopped the perfectly good devices of customers all around the World from working today. Feeling deflated.

I don't know what I'm going to do I could buy another radio but then I might have the same problem when the company decides they're going to shut down the server after so many years, and the radio is discontinued and you can't get any more support.
I could purchase another internet radio but then I'm not sure because in a few years when the radio gets too old and then the company decides they're not going to support the server again, I'll be in the same situation although I do like the desktop radio or I could just listen through my phone I have a app called Simple radio which allows me to listen to stations all over the world and I can get a Bluetooth speaker or try some other app.

Did your Logitech Boom stop working ?

Try downloading, installing, and running the free "Tune In Radio" app, or the "Tune In Pro" version which has a small fee. The Tune In interface actually works better than the Logitech Boom interface.

You can use the app stand alone, or "cast" to a wireless/bluetooth speaker. You could even directly connect to the "audio in" on you Logitech Boom.

I personally run the Tune In app on a old cellular phone, and cast to a wireless speaker, and it works great.

If you want a clock too, Amazon has it's Echo Dot with clock 5th generation (wireless speaker) on sale currently.

Only the best : )

Last edited:
I am having issues with the Tidal Local plugin... there is no cover art.. or the URL/link is broken as I only see a blank
square like when you are viewing an SSL(HTTPS) site that has non-ssl (HTTP only) links.

I have already shut down mysqueezebox.com login.

Anyone else?

Interesting I see this pic(cover art) link
https://www.mysqueezebox.com/public/imageproxy?w=54&h=54&u=http%3A%2F%2Fresources.tidal.com%2Fimages%2F5925516e%2F49a1%2F4fdf%2Fa769%2F874dc16299ee%2F1280x1280.jpg

Last edited:

TNT

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I'm in the same position as Atory. I bought what I thought was a radio [squeezebox radio], used it as a radio for 14 yrs, and now it turns out I didn't buy a radio at all. In fact I bought... well, I'm not quite sure what I bought but I don't think it should ever have been described as a radio because it's clear now it's actually something else. I don't want to run a local server / software either. Logitech have literally stopped the perfectly good devices of customers all around the World from working today. Feeling deflated.
You did but the transmission changed from AM to FM and your model could not do FM ;-)

But with a little tweak - it could...

//

Reactions: 1 user
Keep in mind Logitech supported a discontinued device for around a decade for free. I can't think of any company that did or would do that. I've lost count of the devices I've had that became doorstops in 2 years or less after I bought them. Heck, they don't even support cellphones half that long with security updates. Anyone remember Windows Phones?

I know a lot of people don't want to run anything locally but for $15 you can get a Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, another $15 gets you a micro SD card and follow a step by step online instructions to use it as a LMS. If you mess up the steps just format the card and start again.

Thanks to the creative and talented people out there writing software to run on LMS I've got Pandora streaming on my setup and I just added a 10" touchscreen to my Raspberry Pi 4 that is running LMS with the Material Skin so my squeezebox setup has gotten better.

My first squeezebox looked like this:
1711426456387.png

Reactions: 2 users
You did but the transmission changed from AM to FM and your model could not do FM ;-)

But with a little tweak - it could...

//
I suggest you check out "Woot" they are currently selling the Amazon Echo Spot for about $30 (retailed for $130) in both black and white. A slick device you can pair via bluetooth (Tunein Radio). I personally bought three (3). You can listen to any AM or FM Station just by speaking the stations name (providing the station is on the Internet). The Spot can also do many other cool tricks. Woot has a great return policy if you decide it's not for you.

Last edited:
After multiple attempts I cannot get my Squeeze Box radio to work. It comes on, but since the Logitech server has gone down, I'm unable to get it to load up my favorites or to even connect to LMS I'm using Windows 7 I have factory reset the radio I have downloaded the Software for LMS I have seeing the open pages which display the plugins and all of the different tabs; however I still cannot understand what to do next. This is very complicated all I want to do is get the radio to work.
I don't know how to connect the radio to the local server or how to find what the local server is. I've watched a video on YouTube I can understand it up to a point but then it doesn't seem to help.
At this point I'm about to say forget the whole thing just use my phone and a Bluetooth speaker, or buy another radio am I the only one having this problem?

Reactions: 1 user
Joined 2015
Paid Member
I originally bought my Squeezebox(-es, I have 5) to access my digitized music on my NAS, so I have LMS running on my NAS.
Everything (clock too) still works like this. The only change I've noticed after mysqueezebox.com closed, is a voice saying: 'This is Tunein' when I listen to the radio.

@Atory2: The 'Local Server' is the device where you have LMS running. The radio needs to know the IP-address of this device (Windows 7 PC for you) to be able to connect to it.