• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MyRef_C with Ultimate BOM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, two secondaries:

0-24V
0-24V

Exactly, apart that is is 2x25V, as that one (suggested by Penasa himself for the original MyRef)

The TP version is dual mono so we have the option to use two identical transformers.

The one you show suggested by Penasa is rated 300va, that means it is for 2 (two) channels, meaning that one single 25V is used for each channel...

If someone (Udailey!) could tell me precisely the values of the 160VA transformer suggested in the group buy for each channel, that could be very helpful!

The one you show suggested by Penasa is rated 300va, that means it is for 2 (two) channels, meaning that one single 25V is used for each channel...

If someone (Udailey!) could tell me precisely the values of the 160VA transformer suggested in the group buy for each channel, that could be very helpful!

Is not that way. You need 2 trafos of 160va 2x25v each one. One transformer for each channel. So you use 2x25v for each channel board.

Or you could use one big trafo (300va) and wire one 25v to both boards, and the other 25v to both boards too.

Trying to find a distributor for the 30mm Nichicon Gold Tune caps. 10000uf 50V, 30mm. If anyone knows, let me know. Have spoken with Mouser, Nichicon, Digikey, Michael Percy. They can all get them of course but lead times are said to be maybe 12 weeks with a promise of 19weeks. !!! Maybe we will get all our pricing together and take our time.
We could go Panasonic of course but pricing could be better for Nichicon and I am assuming the quality is better but thats an assumption. I have loved my Panasonic supplies and my Nichicon plane jane cap supplies have also been really nice. I once bought those Nichicons Steve Slater had for 1.99each and built an F5 power supply to power my chip amp. WOW did I get a lesson on how important a good supply was. That amp was great before I shorted it out on the heatsink.
Uriah

Uriah,

Hey, don't sweat it. The KG's do look sexy, but how many people will ever see these caps? Nichicon KG's are rated 1k hours @ 85 C and cost a buck more and are not available until JULY. The Panny TSHA looks like a fine cap, rated 3k hours @ 105 C with decent ESR and are on hand. It's a heck of a good deal, and I'm sure they would make a satisfactory supply. Do we know for a fact that the KG's sound better? I don't see ESR specified.

Let's spend the money on more important stuff.

Peace,
Tom E

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.