• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MyRef_C with Ultimate BOM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I believe there was mention that Russ at Twisted Pear gave blessing for Udailey to use the gerber files for that version of Mauro Pensa's venerable design. Under amplifiers at Twisted Pear there is the Symatico, where I have been checking the site at least once a week, for like, forever, to see if any more of these were produced:

Twisted Pear Sympatico

However...there must be a difference as the Sympatico is mostly SMD and looking at the number of through-hole film caps on this group buy perhaps there are differences.

Either way, it's an extension of brilliance all around. :cool:

I could wander 40 days and 40 nights through the original My Ref thread and I saw a few variants. I don't think I made it through to the dual mono with on-board power supplies. Whether LM3886 or LM4780 balanced/bridged...it's the current pump I want to build, regardless...:cool:

I suppose I wouldn't need a balanced input and XLR's then...very good, that postpones a singled ended to balanced project for another time and priority.

Last edited:
This is the dual mono LM3886. The Sympatico you linked to uses LM4780 which is two LM3886 on the same chip. It looks to me like two MyRef's on the same board using one LM4780. Makes good economical sense.
Sorry there are no pics. If Tom or Dario posted pics of theirs those would be what we are working on here but I have not seen pics of their builds, or if I have I forgot. It wont look a lot different. Maybe black boards with gold plating for that sleek look.
Uriah

Those would be cool :) Yeah, dont think so. I like the look of BrianGT's black power supply boards. They are Sooooooo Nice. If any of you need a power supply for a different project the ones he sells for the MiniA are awesome and will work on near anything.
Uriah

I was just pestering about the purple boards - black would be really nice indeed.

I got some of these boards some time ago and recommend them also. :up:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.