My Zaph's BAMTM Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the response... it's a deal where I had Focal component speakers mounted on a bulkhead below deck. My stuff was stolen and I was wondering if this is something I should DIY. I should buy a Fostex and call it even.

Line array in the boat? Sorry, it ain't that kind of party. I would be the S rejecting on the basis of SAF.

Thank you for sharing your builds!

I, myself, am thinking about doing yet another of the published variations, and going with the 2 ft^3 sealed enclosure, for a lower box Qtc, which according to my handy Loudspeaker Design Cookbook, should allow for better transient response. I'm just wondering if anyone else out there has gone this route, and has anything to share about it.

I was thinking about doing the 1 ft^3 sealed with the side-firing sub option, but between the extra amps, crossovers, and sub drivers, that becomes too expensive for me right now.

Thank you all for your time.

Consul,

there is many thread about this design. If I'm right, I've already read in some of them that sealed 2 cuft should sound better than the vented one. Someone in this thread also suggested me to try with the sealed design too.

I've tried to put a pair of socks in port tube and I wasn't satisfied with the result. The bass is maybe better, more controled, but low frequencies coming out of the port were missing... Even if it don't come out that loud, I like deep bass nonetheless.

Good luck with your project ! And post pictures !

Dino

Forget the socks, but I keep the subwoofer idea. :) Except I'm probably starting a chipamp project in a near future... the sub will have to wait !

BTW, if I build a sub it will be for a dedicated HT room. I don't need any with the BAMTM. It goes deep enough for me. It scares me every time I see the DA175 move that much... I can't imagine what a real sub with alot of xmax looks like !

Dino

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.