My New Audio Nirvana Drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
pics ?

my wife just gave thumbs up for the cabinets in my previous post !!!!!!!!!!!!

first got to get drivers (order next week ?), then prototype on hinged baffle, then month or 2 later build the baffles.............

I'd recommend a foam box around the backside of the driver, my wife preferred the echo-y lack of one.

Norman

Norman
You have to build those Open Baffles ASAP.
I feel like a kid at Christmas time. I don't remember the last time I enjoyed listening to recorded music this much.
The 15s are so good by themself I am honestly amazed.

I have been listening to a lot of well recorded vocal tracks over the last hour. Bloody awesome. All of this music at only 1.5V absolute max dynamic peaks. If I said I was happy it would be a major understatement

Last edited:
Some more progress

Attachments

• 30062012246.jpg
    30062012246.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 371
It would be interesting to know what you think of the 10 running full range vs the 15 running full range - makes me wonder how one 15 < 300 one 15 > 300 plus your radian tweeter would be. If you don't use the 10's in this configuration you certainly use them for a separate system, ie MLTL. Just thinking out loud maybe some of these thoughts are useful to you.

I think your suggestion is very worthwhile. The 10 Neodymium really needs a box to be rin full range by itself. The 15 by itself sounds beautiful in open baffle. I am not even sure if the treble of the 10 is better than the treble of the 15. I think possibly radian +15 +15 will probably sound very special indeed. I will give it a go

That's great I will be eager to hear what you discover. One additional thought on the Radian+15+15 is - where to crossover the Radians? The higher you go the more gentle the slope you can use. Nothing beats listening so who can say what you will finalize on, but if it were me I think I'd start with a first order around 4186 Hz (highest note of a concert piano). I think that should keep all the drivers well within bandwidth for low distortion and good power handling. Again just thinking out loud and I hope it's useful.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.