My new Aleph ONO Phono Section

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Case laquer

Here the suspension plate with MinWax Laquer Red Mahogany.

Attachments

• table_laquer_small.jpg
    table_laquer_small.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,268
Case Metal just starting

I completed the cutting of all the aluminium plates for the case. Don't forget there is 2 cases for just one ONO. One for the transfos and unreg supplies, the other for the reg psu and ONO Preamps pcb. I cut 2 complete sets, one case for the ONO the other for my SuperDAC.

Attachments

• all metal plates_small.jpg
    all metal plates_small.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 2,381
Inside detail. The case is made of 1/8 inch aluminium. I used 3/8 bar in each corner. All the screws are 4-40 Stainless Steel.
The finished enclosure a pretty rigid but the top cover rings like a bell. I will cover all inside surfaces with bitumen type pad to kill the vibration. I used a piece of scrap alu for the bottom. This is why there is scratches on it...

Attachments

• supply case_inside_small.jpg
    supply case_inside_small.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,643
Working toward the completion of this project. I bought a really nice ONO original style enclosure from an other user on this forum.
It looks just like the real thing. I'll install the 2 main preamp and regulated PCB inside it.

Using the same wood decoupling platform as discussed ealier, I'll place the new ONO enclosure on top, and I'll keep my separate power supply under it.

Since I'm also working on an Aleph X preamp clone, I wanted to use the same connectors and connector pins pattern as used into standard PassLabs power supply products. Their power supply can supply a X1 preamp and an Ono at the same time. The PS supply +/-40V and +/-10V for the digital, all unregulated, are available on both DB25M connectors

To be able to do so, I design a new PCB for my power supply section. Both +/-40 Unreg Power supply will connect there. There is also a new +/-10V Unreg Digital supply added on that PCB. Finally it can supply the PS front blue led. All supply voltages are available on both DB25M connectors. Since I'm using fully dual mono supply, I made each L and R power supply bigger traces (lower impedance) on each L and R connectors. So I'll be able to use this supply for my X preamp if I wish to.

Here this PCB

Attachments

• ono ps conn. pcb_both small.jpg
    ono ps conn. pcb_both small.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,540
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.