my latest iteration of "Nanook's 219 tonearm"..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It took a while....

But it ain't over until the fat lady sings.
She's not fat, and singing like......

Attachments

• IMG_1867.jpg
    IMG_1867.jpg
    538.9 KB · Views: 533
an armlift solution.

This is what has stopped me from pursuing this as a commercial design. I could buy complete tonearm mounts with an arm lift, but they are a little on the expensive side and would take away from what the arm is. If I could get something made, then maybe not.

I know I could use something as simple as a piece of brass rod bent into a suitable shape. I do like the idea of a good, "proper" lift though.

Think out of the box II

First prototype.
I don't like heavy, fat housing, so I made it as slim as possible.
Turning te bottom lever delivers a lift of 2,5mm (photo 2).
I hope this will be enough...

Grtz, Mark

Attachments

• IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    603.8 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_1871.jpg
    IMG_1871.jpg
    554.2 KB · Views: 432
Plan and damping armlift

Morning JLS,

I'll try to make a drawing of the construction and post it as soon as possible (and request the copyrights ;-) ).

There's is no damping whatsoever. I guess some grease will do the trick, but i have to test that. Gentle movements of the lever defenately works ;-).

Grtz, Mark

lifter

nothing new but in the easy way, without any lathe.
May be build with some pieces of plexi (or lexan), 1.5 mm piano wire, a scrapbook screw, and one of 2.5 or 3 mm. The hardest thing is to make the 1.5 mm hole into the scrapbook screw. The 2.5 screw is there to adjust the friction.
Hope this helps - Carlo

Attachments

• easylifter.jpg
    easylifter.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 416
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.