my Hedlund horn with FE208ESigma

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The other one.

Attachments

• horn 2.jpg
    horn 2.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,021
Bonjour Dominique,
Je ne frequent ce forum depuis quelques annees. J’ai trouve ton message par hazard aujourdhui quand j’ai voulu montrer mes enceintes a un ami. Je n’ai pas des dessins de detail. Mon seul dessin a ete le jpg presente en post #10. Le reste a ete improvisation.
Pardonne mon Francais. J’ai appris le Francais a l’ecole, mais je n’ai pas eu l’occasion de pratiquer.
Bonne chance,
Michael Speaker

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hello Dominique,
I do not frequent this forum in recent years. I found your message by chance today when I wanted to show my pregnant friend. I did not detail drawings. My only design was presented the jpg in post # 10. The rest was improvisation.
Pardon my French. I learned French at school, but I have not had the opportunity to practice.
Good luck,
Speaker Michael

English please :cop:

dave

English please :cop:

dave

With few corrections (no pregnant friend):

Hello Dominique,
I do not frequent this forum in recent years. I found your message by chance today when I wanted to show my enclosures to a friend. I don’t have exact drawings. My only plan was the jpg in post # 10. The rest was improvisation.
Pardon my French. I learned French at school, but I have not had the opportunity to practice.
Good luck,
Speaker Michael

No reason why something similar can't be done. Personally, I don't much like smooth curves in back horns, since it tends to allow maximum efficiency at the top of the gain BW and offers no additional low-pass assistance to the chamber / throat. They do look pretty though.

Hmm. Someone asked Dave & I for a curved box for the D5nf a while ago; we did it, but the chap vanished, leaving us with a redundant design. I have little interest in Feastrex, but the 168 might go in with some tweaks; I'll have a look when I get a spare minute. Looks more like a Little-Big-Horn or Algahorn than the Hedlund though.

No reason why something similar can't be done. Personally, I don't much like smooth curves in back horns, since it tends to allow maximum efficiency at the top of the gain BW and offers no additional low-pass assistance to the chamber / throat. They do look pretty though.

Hmm. Someone asked Dave & I for a curved box for the D5nf a while ago; we did it, but the chap vanished, leaving us with a redundant design. I have little interest in Feastrex, but the 168 might go in with some tweaks; I'll have a look when I get a spare minute. Looks more like a Little-Big-Horn or Algahorn than the Hedlund though.

Thanks Scott. You are right about more top end getting through the horn, which is where sharper bends help.

Apart from the BIB, there doesn't seem to exist any cab which brings out the best all-round performance of the 168Sigmas. How about a ML-TQWT which may greatly help with a better low frequency response at minimum cone excursion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.