My favorite drink is "mate". Yours?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just discovered mate about 6 months ago and I really like it.

I drink it in a very untraditional way though. I buy Guayaki brand Gaucho Fuerte and make "Mate Lattes" using an espresso maker.

Yes, I know... Americans ruin everything. :p
I surprised there is Erva Mate for sale in USA.
I afraid to carry some Erva Mate packs in the baggage to USA, how I will explain what is this green leaf to the custom house cops!!:scratch:
After taking the mate, the herb turns into excellent fertilizer for plants.
295480d1344616915-my-favorite-drink-mate-yours-yerba.jpg

Given that kefir is made by having a fungus digest milk that would imply a goat with an infected udder.

Your digestion relies on bacteria that live in your intestines. Kill them, and you die. Kefir, buttermilk, pickled vegetables, and other similar products traditionally were made using special fito-bacteria that predigest products, release lactic acid that act as conversant, as the result the product is healthier and preserved for long storage. Modern methods of preservation destroy "good" bacteria, destroy fats making them less usable, and poisonous, destroy proteins, destroy vitamins,enzymes, and add harmful preservatives into products. Fermented foods are not only healthy, they are vital especially for those who were taking antibiotics that destroy digestion.

One more healthy drink that I like is called Kvass. Kvass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It is slightly alcoholic drink made from bread by simultaneous alcoholic and acid fermentation. Alcoholic content is very low, 1-2 percent. It is especially good during hot days, like now in California (it was 105 degrees here yesterday!) In Kefir maximum alcoholic content is 3%.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Kvass is popular in Poland too, yet my favourite are:
- black coffee with honey in the morning
- wine, Roman or Scytian style - depends on a temperature
- lemoniada - made of lemon juice, brown sugar, ice and water
- caipirosca - crushed lime and ice with vodka and brown sugar. No hangover the day after.

Coffee for me. I like mate and it is easily available around here, but I find it is very strong. The form of caffeine in mate can last all day, and if you take too much it will definitely change your day. I can see how it would be good for long treks through the jungle!

Coffee for me. I like mate and it is easily available around here, but I find it is very strong. The form of caffeine in mate can last all day, and if you take too much it will definitely change your day. I can see how it would be good for long treks through the jungle!

Yeah, and its cheaper than cocaine! :spin:

I'm on my second mate of the day...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.