My favorite drink is "mate". Yours?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I liked Amstel beer in South Africa, but when tried it here in California I found that it is completely different product with the same name. Also people say that South African Amstel is made according to original traditions, while European beer is similar to American artificial drink.

However I don't mean that modern industry is bad, otherwise the majority of the Earth population would be employed in agriculture, and pollution of ground and atmosphere would be mostly organic.

And, do you find such a beverage nowadays?

As the Gimp said most german breweries stick to it as not doing so would mean losing market share in Germany and that would be the end of their business.

Remember only the czechs drink more beer per head than the germans and that's only because in areas along the Rhine germans drink wine instead.
Beer is not really seen as an alcoholic beverage in Germany but a basic foodstuff. The reason you are allowed to sell non-conforming 'beer' in Germany is because the government made a deal in return allowing (german) makers to sell non-durum wheat pasta in Italy.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.